Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Browning Rage One >

Browning Rage One

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Browning Rage One

Old 10-22-2006, 09:57 AM

Default Browning Rage One

I've been shooting old compounds for years instictivley. This past summer i went and bought a recurve. IT's fun to shoot and i'm a decent shot. I don't really feel comfortable shooting deer with it. I just think to much and can't let the string go. I want a compound for deer and bear hunting, leaving the recurve for turkey and small game. I want a bow with a decent brace height like 8 inches give or take and nothing shorter than 36ATA. I found the Browning rage one to fit this category. HAs anyone shot this bow. I've drawn it a few times, but never shot it. I'm lookin at spendin about 350 with rest and sights. Probably shoot carbons.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:59 PM
Spike

Default RE: Browning Rage One

i shoot a rage one and really like it! i have a bad shoulder and only shoot 56 lbs, but this bow is real accurate out to 30 yds - thats about my comfort range! i think this is a really good mid - priced bow, especially if you aren't obsessed by speed!
Old 10-22-2006, 05:06 PM

Default RE: Browning Rage One

I shoot a Browning Rage, not sure what the difference is between that and a One, but I love it. I have a 70% let off, shooting it at 55# and pulling a 27" draw. It's a great little bow. I've got basic fiberoptic sights and a whisker biscuit on mine. I am not sure how much my carbons cost, after getting them cut and changing out the fletching... my husband does our fletching, so all we have in that is cost of materials.

I think you'd be happy with it, Browning makes a good middle of the road, inexpensive bow. I won't shoot it over 30 yards, I just don't pull enough weight to give me any confidence past that. Good luck, and check Ebay for a good deal on one, I got a GREAT deal on mine, I think it was $90something in like new condition, only been shot a few times before I bought it. It came with a bunch of crap on it as well, but I replaced the crap with my own treasures (sights, rest, etc...).