HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Big Suprise!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/160983-big-suprise.html)

JPMHUNTER 10-21-2006 02:54 PM

Big Suprise!!

Well this morning I headed out to my stand in the dark, with the aid ofmy head lamp of course. When I got to my stand I looked up to find my safety strap, a chain and a pad lock. BUT NO STAND!!! The theaf also got my steps and my hooks I hang my pack on. A trip to the hardware store for a new chain and maybe a bolt and nut and he/she is all setup to hunt from "MY" stand. Somy morning hunt was ruined before the sun even came up. Came you believe some "sportsmen"?

salty 10-21-2006 02:59 PM

RE: Big Suprise!!

yes, i had 2 stolen in 1 day or night. they actually stole my 2 man ladder stand..... [:@]

KASKASKIA BIG HEADS 10-21-2006 02:59 PM

i dont know if u are hunting on PUBLIC grounds but here in southern IL if u leave a stand up it is illegal BUT that still dont give any1 the right to steal something that aint theirs ill say sorry for the looser that had to do this it makes other hunters look bad

get a climber u wont have to worry bout that again

JPMHUNTER 10-21-2006 03:00 PM

I did forget to say, this happened on private family owned land.

Chuck7 10-21-2006 03:02 PM

Sorry partner....[&o]

MichaelT. 10-21-2006 03:56 PM

Sorry for the loss man.

I can relate.

God bless and I hope you find out who did that.

early in 10-21-2006 05:44 PM

Sorry to hear of your loss, but unfortunatly I know how it feels, and it sucks!![:@]I had a Lone Wolf climber stolen 2 years ago and it was also locked on private land![:@][:@]

nohillbilly 10-23-2006 10:40 AM

I had something similar happen to me Saturday. My ladder stand has been on a hilltop for three years on my friends farm. When I got up to it Saturday afternoon the seat was gone. At first I thaught it blew off, then I remembered that it was held onto the armrests with six straps and the back strapped around the tree. At least they didn't take the whole thing. They just wanted to piss me off. It really sucked standing up there for four and a half hours with no seat.
But waite, it got worse. I have never killed a turkey and Saturday was opening day. Four big ole gobblers were working thier way up the hill right towards my stand.So I grab for my bow and spook two does that snuck up behind me while I was watching the turkeys. The does started blowing and running away and then the gobblers took off the other way. That made me mad enough to just leave the woods.

kenman 10-23-2006 10:51 AM

That sucks.

Had one stolen this year as well. The thing that riles me up most about it is I have plenty of stands and if someone needed one badly I'd give the dang thing to him, or let him borrow one for the season. Now I hope the POS falls out of MY stand and breaks his friggin neck.

huntingson 10-23-2006 11:00 AM

I've been lucky enough to only be the one "stealing" when someone feels that they can put their stand on my family's land without permission. It has always been a concern of mine when I am hunting public land though. I agree with whoever said get a climber for public land. It is a pain to lug in and out, but at least you will always have it.