Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I HAVE A GREAT REASON FOR POSTING AT 2:30 AM (UPDATED STORY) >

I HAVE A GREAT REASON FOR POSTING AT 2:30 AM (UPDATED STORY)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I HAVE A GREAT REASON FOR POSTING AT 2:30 AM (UPDATED STORY)

Old 10-21-2006, 12:22 PM

Default RE: I HAVE A GREAT REASON FOR POSTING AT 2:30 AM

Personally, I would have slowly let down and waited for a more appropriate shot. I understand with night approaching quickly, you wanting a buck, and the eagerness of the hunt that you chose the shot. I just wouldn't, like you've already stated, make it a habit.

But now, we're all waiting...did you find him?!?!
Old 10-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Dominant Buck

I for one appreciate your honesty knowing this place can be critical at times. Now that I've read all the replies I plan to over look the shot as well. ..before the replies I may have taken that shot. This site has been the most educational site for me of all the sites on here. It's like I'm getting the cream of the crop of every good bow hunting book into one place. I bought my baking soda today too.Planto do some wash.

I hope ya find your deer sir...and in one piece.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:39 PM

I edited my original post and it did not bump it to the front page so this post will bump it.....CHECK OUT MY ORIGINAL POST.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I might as well be the first to respond to your updated thread....

Next time wait for a better shot angle. Have a good one.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I HAVE A GREAT REASON FOR POSTING AT 2:30 AM (UPDATED STORY)

I share things like this with you guys not because I am proud I pulled that release, but maybeone of you will think about it next time that deer is not broadside. I consider myself extremely ethical and feel horrible about not finding the deer. Good luck to you all and learnfrom this story.
Well said. Good luck in crawling through the briars tomorrow.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:58 PM

I only speak for myself when I say this, but I pray that it is a sentiment held by most if not all other hunters here:

Not one of us is perfect, and while I feel it safe to say none of us wanted this outcome, there is a valuable lesson being learned by more than just the man who pulled the trigger. There are younger hunters, first time hunters, and men who have only recently taken up the sport who will no doubt read this thread,stop and reconsider next time they are faced with a questionable shot. I for one am not going to throw stones. I have made my share of mistakes in life, and I appreciate you -wholelottagobble - for being upfront and letting us use this story as a chance for everyone to learn how to better respect the game we hunt.

And just in case, good luck on your search tomorrow, I hope you find him.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:28 PM

Thanks for the update, I hope it goes the way we all want it to tomorrow. Thanks for an honest response and your dedication.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the update and your assessment... We all appreciate your hardsearch efforts, and wish you the best tomorrow.
-fsh
Old 10-22-2006, 05:33 AM

Thanks for the reply and the update... the guy let you borrow his dog?? That is more than nice.. There are not many people around like that. It takes alot of trust to do that. I hope you find your deer
Old 10-22-2006, 06:23 AM
dws

From the way you describe plenty of blood at the point of impact and then nothing after a few yards. From your shot angle I would say you probably got the heart and without it pumping you won't have any blood unless you have a low exit. I would think your best bet at finding him would be to keep your search within 150 yards of your stand. Good luck!

Quick Reply: I HAVE A GREAT REASON FOR POSTING AT 2:30 AM (UPDATED STORY)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.