Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Let him go?  Gimme a break! >

Let him go? Gimme a break!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Let him go? Gimme a break!

Old 10-19-2006, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Let him go? Gimme a break!

I'm laughing.....
A 130 inch buck IS a buck of a lifetime. That buck you have there is about a 118 gross. Does that change your mind anyone?
Old 10-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

well, if i want to shoot him when i see him i will but if i have "that" feeling i wont shoot him
Old 10-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would never pass on a 130" ever. I have my own size guidelines and 130 is above them. And there is some some exceptions on small Racks if there crazy looking enough.
Dan
Old 10-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shot a spike last week. It was my 1st bow buck. Now I want a forkhorn or better!
Old 10-19-2006, 07:19 PM

I was guessing around there He is STILL at the taxidermist I'm supposed to get him back in two weeks. I never thought twice about shooting that buck, that is the biggest buck I've ever seen in real life on the hoof. not sure how old he was but he was getting on up there.

I have yet to get a deer with my bow, I had a 7 or 8 jump the string on opening day and two timesI've had does bolt while I was at full draw waiting for a shot. Since I've let a fork horn and a 7 pointer walk I'd just rather shoot a doe than a younger deer I'm trying to get the number of bucks up as high as possible (maybe daddy squezzed off one one two more before I got to him) one of the does I was going to shoot had two button bucks.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

and the 130" 5x4 he passed last year, put on about 30+" of antler and is now a 160 class 5x6
Are you serious? Come on, 30" in one year? That I would have to witness for myself!! That is an indescribable amount of growth in a single year...come one, come all, I'm ready for all of you to tell methis is normal and ithappens all the time!!

I'm not trying to start trouble here, I'm just trying to fathom 30" of antler growth in one year...
Old 10-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I won't say itsalways common, but I willthat from 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 a deer will grow that much with good nutrients and habitat.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:51 PM
Typical Buck

30" in a year? I would say that would be a minimum amount of antler growth. IMO.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Typical Buck

30" in a year? I would say that would be a minimum amount of antler growth. IMO.
Seriously? I've passed up 130" deer before, and I've never seen that same animal the next year that I would say was anywhere near 160"!! I guess if all factors are perfect and he's getting some serious nutrition, maybe. That just sounds crazy!! Wow!
Old 10-19-2006, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

I should have been more specific. I believe up to the age of 4 or 5, 30" doesn't sound too odd.

Quick Reply: Let him go? Gimme a break!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.