Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Am I being unfair??? (long story) >

Am I being unfair??? (long story)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Am I being unfair??? (long story)

Old 10-20-2006, 07:14 AM

Default RE: Am I being unfair??? (long story)

Like someone said at the beginning, its about having fun. I have a good friend I hunt with and it adds to the fun. If you hunt with another person you are going to have times where one has a better spot than the other. You also might have to miss some hunting to help track or drag his deer. If you can't accept that then you shouldn't hunt with a partner. Thats OK. You are a begineer and will have to pay your dues. If you are willing to work at it, and learn, thekills will come. For starters: Find where the deer bed, find where they eat, find how they get frombed to the food, set up on that route with the wind in your favor, and you are half way there.

But to answer your question since you asked...yes, you may be acting unfair. In six pages of responses, that seems to be the general opinion. I think you knew the answerbefore you asked...
Old 10-20-2006, 07:36 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: NavyDeerHunter

Thanks for clearing up the tag issue, but I go back to my original question. Why did/do/will you take him along if you don't want him to kill a deer? You are the one who got permission to hunt the property. Go by yourself or find another partner if it's bothering you that much.
It seems to be a law of nature that when 2 people go hunting or fishing together, one person always does exponentially better than the other, and in my experience it oftenhas nothing to do with a person's skill level.
This year may be his year, if you continue to hunt together next year you might have all of the luck.

That being said, I didn't know that he wanted to use your tag on a deer. Is this your only tag, do you have others?

Any decent hunter would be helping another hunter get his first deer, especially if he has one in the bag already. If all he wants to do is shoot a deer with your tag, hunt alone!
Old 10-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Chestnuts,
You have stated that you're new to hunting. What you're seeing here is not going to change. There are a lot of people who love to hunt. All these people are different. You seem to have expected this guy to help you get your first deer. He seems to have had a different agenda. That doesn't make him a bad guy in my book. It sounds to me like you two didn't comunicate your goals. If you keep hunting, you're going to find that you probably won't like to hunt with many people and none will be just like you. They will either want to at different times, or they'll be late, they may break some rules, have different ethics, not be where they said they'd be and so on.
Either way, if you don't like hunting with this guy, don't go with him. Find someone else or do it by yourself.
And I'm not trying to be mean, but you should consider dropping some weight. I can't imagine how hunting can be fun if you're 300lbs. My hunting consists of a lot of walking, climbing and dragging dead deer through the woods. If you're not in good shape, you probably won't enjoy doing this type of activity.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

chestnuts roasting on an open fire..some feeling huh....you set yourself up for this..learn from it and move on
Old 10-20-2006, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope some day you'll grow up to be a good hunting partner for somebody.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:31 AM
Spike

the only way ill take you hunting is if you let me kill one first. lmao

youre hunting out of stands put up by someone else, on land owned by someone else, with crops and corn put out by someone else. ive got an idea. scout, hang stands, and get further than 60 yards away from each other. then when you kill something you will be proud of earning it. when my friends and i hunt we arejust as happyfor each others success than we are ifwescore.i guess thats the difference between maturefriends hunting and immature associates killing.

GROW UP!
Old 10-20-2006, 09:02 PM
Typical Buck

I've killed over 20 some deer and about 16 or 17 have been with a bow. Not all trophy's and the majority were doe. With that being said I know I'm not a first time hunter, but I would be more than willing to hunt with anyone on this site.....as long as I get the first shot at a deer. Sorry guys, thats the only way I wil ever hunt with any of ya.
Sounds pretty silly doesn't it fuzznuts....i mean chestnuts