Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Am I being unfair??? (long story) >

Am I being unfair??? (long story)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Am I being unfair??? (long story)

Old 10-19-2006, 07:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Am I being unfair??? (long story)

Hey Partner,
We've alot in common.I'm 300 as well..Buy a Summit..great stand and they will hold us. Love mine..

I've also not taken a deer yet.{Bowhunting} As one fellow said ..hunt alone. You can get a NEW Summit on EBAY for a bout 250.00

When I do hunt on private property I tip my farmers well or offer them a big chunk of meat. Take care of the hand that feeds you.

As far as hunting with someone..I always settle everything up front. We've always agreed if someone scores we split the meat up 50/50.
Clear up everything up front and presume nothing.

Again...I couldn't sit on a skinny board either. Get a Summit m,y friend...and if ya got permission still...hunt by your self.
God bless.
Chuck7
Old 10-19-2006, 08:08 PM

Dude, I don't answer many post but this one I had to respond too. I think you need to find another sport.hunting might be to frustrating for you. You should beglad that he took a Doe, at least your team didn't come backskunk. It really doesn't matter who kills the deer, just have fun. No where in your post does it say that your Buddy was using your tags. It sounds like you need to grow up, I can't believe you are a supervisor. Quit being so selfish. I taught myself how to bowhunt. It takes time and patience to kill your first deer. Eventually you will learn from your mistakes.Their are plenty of deer out their,I bet you willget a shot off this season. I wouldn't be surprised if you killed a nice buck. Just focus on the hunting and don't sweat the liitle stuff and it's all little.So what if your buddy gave the deer away,it sounds like you don't want a deer you didn't kill.I am not beating up on you just trying to give you a reality check.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: chestnuts

8)To all you A$$HOLES out there thatattack me and accuse me of being a bad supervisor, well...let me just say: I have not done anything to him this week. In fact I tried to start a polite conversation with him today at lunch (non-work relatedand off the clock)and he really did not want to talk to me. I have given him his space, butexpected him to do his work when he was given instructions. Since work is slow this week, I just gave him a list of the jobs that needed completed each day and then checked upto make sure those jobs were done. That is in no way different from what I do any other day. There just was no BS'ing about anything else.

What has this post taught me....never ask for advice like this from here again. Too many of you have negative views about everyone. I also see that hunting brings out the worst in some people.

You asked for advice, you got it. What you thinks gonna happen everyone wil take your side cuz your on here and a first time hunter? In your original post you did not mention that he wanted you to use your tag. I wouldn't tag someone else's deer either. But to call everyone on here names for providing their opion, well thats just wrong. You need to grow up, stop being a baby cuz things didn't go your way and get mam's teet out of your mouth and hunt to hunt. Have funwith it and stop griping. If you can't do that, maybe you do need to find a new sport or activity. Maybe sewing would be a good hobby for you?
Old 10-19-2006, 09:09 PM

ORIGINAL: chestnuts

No, I left something out. I have the only archery either sex tag. He has only a doe tag since his buck tag is for area 1 in western KS.

I think you all are missing the point here. I do not just want the meat. If I did,I would just let him do the shooting, put my tags on themand I would keep my a$$ in the truck. Hell, if I just wanted the meat, my stepbrother is a sheriff deputy of that county and he offered to call me whenever he takes a deer/car accident call.

Yes,it does seem to be plenty of deer around this place he took his doe. But,he will have the opportunity to take a deer or twosince he has 2firearm tags. He has gotten greedy thinking he will be able to buy every legal tag and fill each one of them.

Let me tell you something, it is no fun sitting 20ft in the air with your a$$ trying to sit on a board that measures less then 6" X 9" with no paddingwhen you weigh 300lbs. This isthe only field on this property. I have read many posts about how important cover scent is when ground hunting. I am not sure if I have that covered yet.

What I have not told you is that he is the type of person that complains about people not giving him the opportunity to hunt deer on their land. Yet, he has sole permission to hunt land about 2 1/2hrs east of here, but complains of the distance he has to drive to get there. Which is a much shorter drive then out to western KS. He did take a doe from that property last year during firearm season.

And what makes thewhole situation worse is the I am his supervisor. So, Icannot not show any grudgeagainst him at work. Plus he is about15 yrs older then I am.

Ya know that's why they call ithunting instead of killing. You need to geta grip, think about it why are you hunting that property. the farmers crops are being destoyed by deer, so he let you hunt his land to control the population. you brought your friend/coworker with you to help. BTW you said the farmer set up the stands, 2 stands, one that you couldn't hunt out of, at the area with the least amount of activity. your friend did the right thing shooting that doe,that'swhy yall are there. if you diddn't even want the meat you have NO reason to resent him.

Why is it greedy for him to buy all the legal tags and fill them? IT IS LEGAL. He is giving the deer to people who need them. sounds like a good guy to me that you could learn alot from.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is my point of the whole matter ,first off when your taking a guy hunting it must be clear on the tag ,who's tagging the deer .
I'm sure if the guy has figured he was just going to go that far and sit in a stand and NOT shoot a deer whether it present's itself or not ,he most likely wouldn't go .But if he is tagging his own deer then i really don't see why your upset with him .Unfortunately the deer came out to him ,and of course ,if he's using his tag ,then sure he's going to take that deer home .
I really can't see that you have a problem with him shooting the doe ,because there's a slim ,very slim chance that that deer would ever make it to your stand before it returned into the wood's ,maybe it would have ,maybe it wouldn't have .Who know's .But he came to hunt as you did and he has as much right to take the doe as you did ,unfortunately the info you recieved about the deer movement wasn't correct that day .
That's just how hunting goes ,sometime's it work's in your favour and sometime's it doesn't .
Now if he was to help you get a deer ,then he shouldn't have been 3 or 400yrds away from you ,you's should have been together and working out the detail's all together .Somewhere along the line thing's had changed .I can't believe you didn't realize this when he was hunting across the field from you .
But hunting is hunting and that's how it goes ,unfortunately it just didn't work out for you . Don't let this get out of hand ,because I think thing's have gone all wrong maybe in the way you've conveyed it to him. Try to correct the problem before you end up as enemy's ,if it's not too late .
I don't think your totally at fault here ,I think youragreement with himon this hunt wasn't clear to him .
I also believe that if he had no intention's to keeping the deer that he would have made a friendly gesture to sharing it with you ,even if he had given you a few steak's and some burger woulfd have been appreciated ,so in this case I see no reason for you not to be a little upset ,I'm sure most guy's that are new to bowhunting whitetail's would appreciate a taste at least.

nubo

nubo
Old 10-20-2006, 01:53 AM
Dominant Buck

To those of you whom gave positive advice and took up for me, I thank you. I hope to one day meet you in the woods to shake you hand.

Thank You

Chestnuts.

And when can we meet ??I'd love to hunt with ya. I have n't gotten a bowdeer yet either. I've got people praying daily about my love for food. I'm almost too big for my harness as well. I got in touch with my partner in Missouri. I'm not sure if I'm going up this year. His wife just had a very serious operation done and for 6 months will be suspectable to disease..Therefore; I'm thinking to stay home no matter what. I'd feel sick if sioomething happened. He wants me to come up but I'm having 2nd thoughts.

Private property is very hard to come by and I would first and foremost guard that opportunity with all my heart. As far as your problem with your working man ..many times there is just bad chemistry that can't be communicated with on a forum.I'm sure you will get your deer my friend.
c7
Old 10-20-2006, 03:30 AM
Fork Horn

You are absolutely unbelievable. I really think you should find a new hobby. Why did you even bring up the fact that you are his supervisor on here? WTF does that have to do with hunting?

GROW UP
Old 10-20-2006, 05:04 AM
Dominant Buck

My feeling on it: he knows I have never taken a deer and he could have passed up the shot to give me an opportunity to harvest my first deer. All 3 times I have went deer hunting, it was with him. I have spent the last 2 years, getting ready to try my hand at deer hunting. I was the person who asked permission for us to hunt on these lands. I feel he at least owes me the chance to either bag my first deer or miss.

He owes you nothing , if you can't get a shot on a deer by yourself then you have no business hunting . It's not his responsibility to hand you a kill , you have to earn it by doing the work yourself .
Old 10-20-2006, 05:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Good grief..
5 pages of correction / rebuke..Is this overkill or what??
c7
Old 10-20-2006, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do you gun hunt? I would suggest starting there. Bow hunting is much harder and requires great skill and unbelievable patience. I also want to point out that your size is a major disadvantage in this sport. Not trying to be rude. When you walk out to you stand you'll sweat more, your larger and more easily visable. Bow hunting is up close and personal. Rifles give you a much larger margin of error.

BTW - I've been both big and small so I'm not just talking out my arse.

Tom

Quick Reply: Am I being unfair??? (long story)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.