Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Am I being unfair??? (long story) >

Am I being unfair??? (long story)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Am I being unfair??? (long story)

Old 10-19-2006, 05:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Am I being unfair??? (long story)

Thanks for clearing up the tag issue, but I go back to my original question. Why did/do/will you take him along if you don't want him to kill a deer? You are the one who got permission to hunt the property. Go by yourself or find another partner if it's bothering you that much.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why would you bring someone with you that doesn't have tags to use? That part of the whole thing doesn't make any sense. As far as him letting the deer walk. You are asking way too much. You're right it is tough sitting 20' in a tree waiting for something to come by. Do you realistically think he is going to let the deer walk on by?

In addition if the farmer said that the deer were coming down by you and they have seemed to change thier pattern I would take a look at your scent control. Is your blind scent free? What are you eating? Do you wash your clothes in scent free?

To answer you question, yes I think you were wrong with what you said but more so because you brought someone with you that doesn't have tags to use.

Tom
Old 10-19-2006, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

Just man up and talk to him about it. No whining, no rudeness, just let him know you REALLY would like his help in taking your first deer. Never assume anyone knows your feelings or thoughts. The most important thing is if you are not having FUN (which is what hunting is supposed to be about) then you need to find another situation to put yourself in. I wish I could find someone to go out with me. Due to me being a military spouse and traveling for my job I never make any friends where I live so I always hunt alone and it would be great to have someone to hunt with. Feel fortunate you have a hunting buddy that has some experience he can pass on to you.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

If it were me and you took me hunting, I would shoot the deer. You're acting like you are 12, dude grow up. Did you explain to him that you wanted him to help you take your first deer? If someone asks me to go hunting with them, it's open season. If they ask me to help them get one, I will do all that is within my power to help them get one including passing shots of deer that may pass by me going toward you. But if a BIG buck walks by, I may be tempted. You invited him to go, what did you expect him to do. And if you are his supervisor, then act like a supervisor. Work is work, hunting is hunting, don't confuse the two because they are completely different. You seem to want to take advantage of the situation because you are his super. From what you explained I wouldn't want to go hunting with you because you are the type to carry your grudges into work and make my job hell. Just my 2 cents
Old 10-19-2006, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like others have said there is never a sure thig in hunting. If you keep after it and not worry about what he is shooting your chances will come. You should be happy for him harvesting a deer not mad.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think your being unfair. Just because he passes up a shot doesn't mean the deer will come to you. I've had deer 2 ft away from offering me a shot and it doesn't happen. I would tell him how important it is to you to get a deer and ask for his help. But to say he can't shoot a deer if you don't is childish. There's plenty of deer, and maybe next years you'll be in the situation he is. Would you want him to tell you he won't hunt with you if you get more deer than him?
Old 10-19-2006, 07:53 AM
Fork Horn

If Im getting this right...your basically upset that his spot is better than yours but if you wanted you couldn't sit there anyway. I don't know why it is his spot? It's your land to hunt just find a different spot and put a stand up on that field. Put in some scouting time and kill your own deer. Don't ask him to go this weekend and just go by yourself and kill a deer, or try.Tell him that your hunting that field this time and hehas to sit somewhereels, thats not unfair. You let him come with you, he can let you sit where the deer are at if he already shot one. He doesn't have much choice.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 442deer

Relax and go huntin. You never know where they are going to come from. This is about having fun

exactly
Old 10-19-2006, 08:14 AM

300 to 400 yrds apart? There is a good chance that if he let the deer walk that you would of never seen them.

It sounds like you invited him to Hunt, not sit. Take it easy, enjoy the experiance and be happy that one of you scored. When its you turn you will want him there.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Hell no you're not wrong. I'd want to fill my own tags .... period. I certainly don't want hiim filling my tag based on a promise of giving a deer to someone else. I think you maybe didn't explain it right to him. YOU want to fill your own tags or have it go to waste if you fail. If he fills your tag your year is done and you can't go hunting. No you're not wrong. I take it that Kansas lets someone fill someone elses tag???? If not, what he's suggesting is illegal too. The only place where I think you're out of line is suggesting he NOT shoot so you might get an extra chance. If somone hasn't gotten a deer I give them all the best spots and all the help I can. BUT, if I'm sitting in a tree by myself and decide to shoot, it's not to take something from you but to give myself a chance. You're both out there to succeed. Don't begrudge him that. BUT, you're first deer hasn't happened. Fill your own tag and tell him that's how it'll be. You're sorry, but you want to become the arrow.... not the extra tag for someone else.

Quick Reply: Am I being unfair??? (long story)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.