Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Speaking of broadheads.... >

Speaking of broadheads....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Speaking of broadheads....

Old 10-18-2006, 12:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default Speaking of broadheads....

I'm probably going to have to buy some new ones for next season as I can't find replacement tips, practice blades or replacement blades for my 125 grain Muzzy 4 bladed broadheads anywhere around town[:@] After doing a little research and talking to some folks out at the practice range, I'm leaning toward 125 grain G-5 Montecs. Does anyone reading this have an opinion on that particular brand (or have a suggestion on another type)?
Old 10-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Speaking of broadheads....

Rage............

See my thread for pics of why I recommend them. I also would recommend the Rocky Mountain Snypers if you can't find the Rage's.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

My bro' shoots the Montecs and loves them. Go to any of the online places and you can find the replacement blades and everything else.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:50 PM

Montecs are very good heads. Fly like darts and are quite sharp. But let me tell you a little story.

I shoot Magnus Stingers. 2 weeks ago, I shot a doe out of my ground blind at 15 yards. I hit her squarely in the shoulder. My arrow went through BOTH shoulder blades and kept on going. I never did find the arrow and was upset about that. I really wanted to see what condition the arrow and BH were in. Stingers fly like lazers, and after that shot, I will be shooting them for a long time.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am a big fan of the Montecs so far, I will be able to tell better after a get my buck, the big pro for me was they fly just like my FT's
Old 10-18-2006, 06:02 PM

I just started using G5 montecs this year and shot a buck with them. It worked perfectly and was easy to sharpen back up. I am done buying different heads unless somebody designes a heat seeking broadhead. LOL
Old 10-18-2006, 06:11 PM

Hey, the 100gr. Montec's are the best heads I've ever shot. However, if I wasn't shooting them I'd be shootin' Stingers orthose new ones by Magnus. The best part about the Magnus SS and Montec's is that they are flat-stone-resharpenable. Cut on contact too.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Montecs are very good. The new G5 strikers are alot sharper and fly just a good.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:39 PM

Razorcaps!!!!!
Old 10-18-2006, 07:32 PM

thunder head 100s

I have shot 3 deer so far with them and only one i didnt get a pass through, it did sink up to the fletchings and stick out the other side and had blood EVERY WHERE
only my buck perfect passthough then stuck in the ground deer went 40 yds and piled up
then on my first with a bow (button buck) shot went in and came out deer went 40 yds and piled up.

O the doe that did get the full passthrough she went maybe 50 yds. with a blood trail a blind man could follow.

Also they are cheap like 36 bucks or so for 6 heads thats better the 30 for 3

Quick Reply: Speaking of broadheads....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.