HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   WHAT WOULD YOU DO...HONESTLY... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/160369-what-would-you-do-honestly.html)

swamp rooster 10-18-2006 10:44 AM

WHAT WOULD YOU DO...HONESTLY...

SAY YOU HAVE BEEN HUNTING A GOOD DEER ,,REALLY BIG OK..LIKE IN THE 180 IN ,OR BIGGER RANGE. YOUR SET UP NOT VERY FAR OFF THE FENCE LINE ABOUT DARK ON THE LAST DAY OF THE SEASON,WHEN YOUR DEER YOU HAVE BEEN HUNTIN ALL SEASON WALKS UP THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FENCE THAT YOU DONT HAVE PERMISSION TO HUNT AND GIVES YOU THAT PERFECT SHOT ,BUT NOBODY IS AROUND BUT YOU AND THE DEER,,,NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW IF YOU TOOK HIM THERE ARE NOT ..NOW WHAT WOULD YOU DO,,THINK ABOUT IT.

mauser06 10-18-2006 10:47 AM

RE: WHAT WOULD YOU DO...HONESTLY...

ethics...its what you do when noone is around or looking.

i personally couldnt do it. mainly because if you set yourself up to be that close the the property line your already considering shooting through it. i couldnt look at the buck on the wall knowing i POACHED HIM. you guys need to let it go.

nohillbilly 10-18-2006 10:47 AM

What would you do? That's the question.

Downhill18 10-18-2006 10:47 AM

Sounds like somebody has a guilty conscience! jk. It'd be hard to let it go, but you should. Besides, if you shot it on the wrong side of that fence, you'd never feel quite right about it.

louddrummer69 10-18-2006 10:49 AM

Well where I hunt my grandfathers land has had the same neighbors for 100 years. They haven't officially said hey hunt here but they know us and could care less. I personally would shoot in that situation. Now if your neighbors are real fickle about their land then no I wouldn't do it.

RTA47 10-18-2006 10:51 AM

Honestly? Not shoot! Its still wrong even if no one else knows it but me.
It doesn`t change a thing [&:].

txjourneyman 10-18-2006 10:51 AM

I would thank God someone else didn't get him and start thinking about how I will hunt him next year.

txjourneyman 10-18-2006 10:53 AM

Thats just it, I would know.

kenman 10-18-2006 10:55 AM

If I'm here in NH (yeah right, there are no 180" deer here) I am putting one through his boiler room. If I was in a state where the law says its a no-no, I'm letting him walk. Don't break the law guys, it is a bad reflection on us as a whole.

Rob/PA Bowyer 10-18-2006 11:02 AM

ORIGINAL: mauser06

ethics...its what you do when noone is around or looking.

I'll answer your question with another question, Why put yourself in that situation?