Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WHAT WOULD YOU DO...HONESTLY... >

WHAT WOULD YOU DO...HONESTLY...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO...HONESTLY...

Old 10-18-2006, 11:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: WHAT WOULD YOU DO...HONESTLY...

swamp I think you consence is getting to you!! maybe you need to see Doctor Phil.

No I would not shoot, had it happen to us during gun season. Neighbor shot across the river at a 12 point, he gut shot it. Dad and I seen him do it, he thought nobody was watching. Dad went and finshed the deer off, and kept the deer. Neighbors came to get the deer, Dad said no. Then I got ready rumble, [:@] Almost did!!
Old 10-18-2006, 11:07 AM
Typical Buck

I personally wouldn't do it unless it is a friend/family land. You also gotta figure, that deer is more than likely not going to drop dead either. He will run a ways and it probably won't be your direction.
Brandon
Old 10-18-2006, 11:25 AM

ORIGINAL: swamp rooster

SAY YOU HAVE BEEN HUNTING A GOOD DEER ,,REALLY BIG OK..LIKE IN THE 180 IN ,OR BIGGER RANGE. YOUR SET UP NOT VERY FAR OFF THE FENCE LINE ABOUT DARK ON THE LAST DAY OF THE SEASON,WHEN YOUR DEER YOU HAVE BEEN HUNTIN ALL SEASON WALKS UP THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FENCE THAT YOU DONT HAVE PERMISSION TO HUNT AND GIVES YOU THAT PERFECT SHOT ,BUT NOBODY IS AROUND BUT YOU AND THE DEER,,,NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW IF YOU TOOK HIM THERE ARE NOT ..NOW WHAT WOULD YOU DO,,THINK ABOUT IT.
Odds are I wouldnt even put myself in that situation if I didnt have permission to hunt that land. I am way to paranoid about other hunters gunning me down, so I tend to stick towards the center of the property. But, if he is on the otherside of the fence, why not just grunt or lightly rattle to see if you can lure him over.
I would not, under any circumstances, shoot over that fence.
Its called poaching, and it is illegal.

PS. Dont type in caps, it annoys most of us, especially me[:@]
Old 10-18-2006, 12:00 PM
Typical Buck

A question that I always ask myself when I'm in an Iffy situation is this...
Would I do what I'm about to do if my (kids/mom/dad...etc.) were watching?
Not such a good question if you're raised in an unethical family, but I think for most of us it's a good place to start. Works for me.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:53 PM

1st day, last day, out of season, with a rifle .......... what does it matter the time and place and circumstance ? once you break that barrier of trespassing onto a property you shouldn't, might as well spot light him at night with an AK47 after the season closes

I would not shoot
Old 10-18-2006, 01:20 PM

Joel would shoot!
Old 10-18-2006, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't be set up there in the first place. I'd of figured a way to kill him somewhere else that I had permissionway before then and felt good about that!
Old 10-18-2006, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

What would I do? I wouldgrunt him across the fence and thump him. Okaythat may not work, but since it's the last day of the season...... I would get to see him the next year even bigger.

Circumstances don't change the laws: antler size, season, time of day, do nothing to change the laws. I guarantee that the guy that shoots that deer doesn't consider himself a poacher does he? But to Poach by definition is:

poach

–verb (used without object)

to trespass, esp. on another's game preserve, in order to steal animals or to hunt.

to take game or fish illegally. [/align][/align]So"this person"is taking game illegally, as well as trespassing. Hate to break the news, but that person is poaching.[/align]
Old 10-18-2006, 02:04 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: dwd2001

What would I do? I would grunt him across the fence and thump him. Okay that may not work, but since it's the last day of the season...... I would get to see him the next year even bigger.

Wouldn't even think of shooting......I wouldn't want ANYONE doing that to a deer on my property......and believe me, we have plenty of non resident hunters that have leased ground around our property......fortunately, they are all ethical hunters and have become good friends.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

What kind of fence?
Man, there should be a season limit on "hypothetical" threads.
If it is in PA, is the land posted? PA game animals are considered property of the state and not private landowners. Where I hunt, if land is not posted, it's considered open to hunt. That does not mean you won't get your ass kicked for going in there, but be assured that the police won't be involved in your punishment.
You know in your heart what is the right thing to do. Individual circumstances will dictate. Where I hunt, I would, but then again I know everybody, they know me, and are hunter friendly in the first place.

Quick Reply: WHAT WOULD YOU DO...HONESTLY...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.