HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Unethical?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/160106-unethical.html)

drh277 10-17-2006 07:09 AM

Unethical??

I have a friend that loves to hunt but does not like to eat the Deer that he kills. He is just out there for the kill. He gives away all his deer that he shoots. My question is, do you think it is unethical to be out there just for the kill?

Rack-attack 10-17-2006 07:11 AM

RE: Unethical??

My question is, do you think it is unethical to be out there just for the kill?
I don't understand how not eating the meat makes you Just out there for the kill???:eek::eek::eek:

Oh and welcome:D......though I am a little weary of this first post

gutshot 10-17-2006 07:12 AM

If he has the tags and kills the deer legally I don't see a problem with it at all.

Fieldmouse 10-17-2006 07:29 AM

I didn't know you finally joined.

I'm in it for the kill. My hunting bud is a vegitarian, so he's in it for the kill. My other hunting bud would sell his deer some times to pay for his arrows.

Nothing wrong with that. Hunting is the way for the states to regulate animal populations and earn revenue. For us hunters, it away for us to enjoy the outdoors, be better enviormentalist then those who claim to be and for some feed our families or the homeless.

isatarak 10-17-2006 07:31 AM

If he left them lay, it would be highly unethical, and illegal where I'm from. Giving the deer for someone else to enjoy, no problem.

mofireman 10-17-2006 07:33 AM

I've got no problems at all with a hunter legally taking and recovering game knowing he/she will not be the ones eating the venison!! A lot of people hunt just for the challengeand they still hunt legally and ethically and recover the downed game for someone to enjoy. No problems with ethics here!!

r33h 10-17-2006 07:35 AM

as long as the meat gets used...I don't any problem with it. If you just shot the deer to leave it lay out there to rot, then there may be a problem.

SteveO KanevO 10-17-2006 07:41 AM

I do not go hunting just so I can have something to eat. I go hunting because of the experience (Note: My girlfriend is still trying to figure this out.) It seems like no one understands why anyone goes hunting until they do it themselves, and then a light bulb comes on and they are like OHHH. But I dont hunt just to shoot deer or just to eat them. (Note 2: I love deer meat, however). Hunting is getting up early and driving a 100 miles an hour to get to my deer stand 15 minutes late, drop everything I have out of my deer stand, cough 32 times and see one 40 lb doe. And I'll do that until the day I die, because I love it.

Heidicazz1 10-17-2006 08:24 AM

My inlaws hunt and don't eat the meat but we do ...and we get it lol ...as long as you do something good with the meat like give it to friends or Food for Hungry then it's fine ...

wis_bow_huntr 10-17-2006 08:26 AM

Not unethical at all. Is he donating the meat to needy familes and or family and friends that like venison??? As long as the meat is going to a good home that is going to use it theres nothing unethical about it at all.