Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Coyote's ate good >

Coyote's ate good

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Coyote's ate good

Old 10-17-2006, 05:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Coyote's ate good

Popcorn... Peanuts... cold beer here.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:20 PM
cas

I'm new here, so pretty impartial.

What I find interesting and very telling is the fact that you're "in the process of getting premission" to do something you've already done.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:27 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

This bit about having an unwritten law about, "if the chance presents it's self..blah blah blah" is jut that... blah blah blah. You set up there with every intention of taking such a shot and put yourself in position for such a shot. It's called poaching everywhere I know of. As far as the "Idiots" tagging along, they didn't run you off. They said go ahead. You gave up on the deer with evidently very little effort. Since you had permission to go ahead ..... you should have gone ahead. Now sure, you can be a jerk if a deer they shoot comes on your land, but that's only going to make for a bad neighbor situation. But as I understand it, you don't own the land either. You're telling us you're going to play landlord wannabee and run them off like they did you, but they recanted and said go ahead. You were wrong. THey may have overstepped their authority, but they did consent to a search. You can't blame them for your failure to find the deer. You want to get over it. Realize your flaws and errors is the first step. Quitting the search because it's hard to track with when someones asking you questions? Give me a break. You had a confrontation, they said go ahead and you quit. Put the blame where it lies. It may be a certain way where you're from but where I'm from, poaching is poaching and we all usually hope they get arrested. Grow up would be my best advice.
...well said !
Old 10-17-2006, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

In my book, he poached. I think the law here in Virginia doesn’t consider it poaching unless it’s posted, but I wouldn’t do it nonetheless. Neighbors sometimes have understandings, but they have those understandings BEFORE they hunt. If it wasn’t poaching, then why is he now trying to get permission?

My biggest beef is his giving up on the deer so quickly because he was miffed at the young guys that were following him. It IS a shame to have coyotes get a nice deer. I hope she was dead first.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

The following exerp was taken DIRECTLY from the Illinois DNR hunting regulations booklet, page 8.
Hunters and trappers must obtain
permission from the landowner or tenant
before entering his land regardless
of
whether or not the land is fenced or
posted.
It is unlawful to trap or hunt, or
allow a dog to hunt, within or upon the
land of another, or upon waters flowing
over or standing on the land of another,
without first obtaining permission from
the owner or tenant.
Public hunting areas managed by the
Department of Natural Resources have
restricted access. Refer to site-specific
regulations for further details (pages
29-39).
NOTE: Railroad rights-of-way are
private property and you need permission
from the owner before hunting or
trapping.
Illinois law does not grant the right of
trespass for the purpose of retrieving
wounded or crippled wildlife. You must
secure permission from the landowner
or tenant before entering any property.
Remember, your conduct while hunting
and trapping can influence the landowner’s
decision to let you or other
sportsmen hunt or trap in the future.
BUSTED!!
I think someone here is in the wrong (Joel) and the DNR would tend to agree. Or am I reading the regulations wrong?
Old 10-17-2006, 06:09 PM

Does anyone think this guy is a troll
Old 10-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Typical Buck

I think he meant to post on "Dumbasspoaching.net". Simple mistake.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

Joel, you need to heed the advice from these experienced, professional, and ethical hunters. Just because your buddies or whomever has introduced you to the belief that "It's OK, you can hunt on anyone's property around here without permission" is just plain wrong. It is illegal and wrong. You should have received permission first. You should have also tracked your deer and retrieved it without acting like a 2 year old and go sulking and pouting home because you got confronted about it. You need to grow up and start acting like a man and show some responsibility. You will not get any sympathy about your situation from any of the law abiding and responsible hunters here. You need to man up and realize YOU were in the wrong.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:04 PM
Banned

What you did is illegal in IA.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:24 PM

My biggest concern is theability of some to believe they can trespass or poach. Remember a couple of years ago when the landowners were killed by the trespasser. Young people need to understand that old farts like me will not toleratetrespass at all period.I have posted the crap out of my propertyso anyone coming onto my property knows they are breaking the law. I am only speaking for myself,I have literaly chased peopleoff my property, had stands and personal property stolen.If a trespasser has a gun in his hands when I confront them,at that point I by law am in "reasonable fear of serious bodily harm or death" and therefore they better drop their weapon orI will take our state law into my own hands.

Quick Reply: Coyote's ate good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.