Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Coyote's ate good >

Coyote's ate good

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Coyote's ate good

Old 10-17-2006, 09:16 AM

Default RE: Coyote's ate good

ORIGINAL: Joel V

Okay, what everybody is not understanding is. I live in a small comuinuity where everybody is free to roam. I've lived on the East coast (NJ) and I know what everyone isthinking.Shooting a deer over someones fencerow where I live is not a big deal andno way is itpoaching. I'll get a thankyou most of time for taking a deer, that is not eating there crops. With a big thumbs upfor coyote's.

The guys in question were young20 somethings, mad cause I was sucessfull and they weren't. With it being there first timebow hunting witch they told me. Most likely they where out of towners.

Sorry everyone's mad but thats the facts in mid/Ill. Come on out and I'll show ya. And I didn't take a 60 yard shot it was 40 yrds. Seen thecarcass you could see the arrow wound. Even after the coyotes.
If everyone is free to roam, ( 1 ) the land owners would not have people reported to DNR ( 2 ) people would not have to get little old ladies permission, ( 3 ) you would not NOW be seeking the landowners permission.

( 4 ) I am not on the East Coast, I am in Arkansas, and it is poaching down here too.

( 5 ) The guys ages areirrevelant. They still acted more mature and appropriately than you. And You being such a seasoned veteran ( as opposed to their first time ) should knowmore about hunting laws and ethicsthan they do.

( 6 ) Just because the people don't hold you to the letter of the law ( when it concerns their own property ( as you say about your community ) , does not mean the laws dont apply or are invalid.

( 7 ) You , sir , were not successful, as you so chest-thumpingly stated. Your hunt was a dismal failure. You poached a deer over another landowners fence row, tresspassed on the land, and did not give enough of a damn about the animal you lawlessly took to even give a half-assed effort to try and find it. Your entire hunt reeks of a lack of respect for hunting, people, property laws, and God's creatures.

( 8 ) And Joel, I am not mad, as you say everyone is. Instead I am quite sad and worried, if these attitudes, complete lack of respect, and delusional denials of yours are any indicator of the ideals of the hunters we have coming up behind some of us older hunters. One key ideal, possibly the most important of all, concerning hunting is RESPECT. And I see absolutely none in your words. And I also am sad because so many people can explain it to you, but no one is getting through to you. You just refuse to understand, and admit you are wrong.

( 9 ) And as far as your invitation to come up, no thank you, sir. I am a bit more picky about who I hang around with and especially who I hunt with.

And Finally ( 10 ) And on the flip side, Joel. Don't ever come to South Arkansas to hunt. You are not welcome on my property, EVER. And yes, I will call the Game officers myself. We only allow respectful FRIENDS to shoot across our fences.

What a damn shame.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Joel - you yourself stated that according to the law, you needed permission to hunt on someone's property. Yet you shot a deer on your neighbors property that you didn't have permission to do. Right? Those were your words. Trespassing is illegal and so is poaching, which you clearly did when you shot across the property line. Put the shoe on the other foot, what if one of those "newbies" shot one on the property that you have permission to hunt? What would you do? Paint it what you want, you still poached that deer. Maybe not with a light, or a rifle but you shot it illegally according to your own words.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:17 AM

Deleted for skirting the profanity filter. Reread the posting rules.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:26 AM

Everyone give this guy a break! Afterall, he's from New Jersey. Does anyone expect folks* from New Jersey to obey laws?

*Sorry if I offended lawabiding citizens of New Jersey
Old 10-17-2006, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Joel V

A poacher no Fing way, I'm not and frankly I can't stand um. I made a clean shot at 40 and had these jokers were screwing with me. It made it very diffucult to find a trail.

Dude! You shot onto someone else's property without THEIR PERMISSION. you were P-O-A-C-H-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2006, 09:34 AM
Typical Buck

You took a deer off someones elses property? Right? Call it what you want but it is what it is. Why if there was a chance that a deer could go onto to someone elses property would you not get permission before the season even started. I am a owner of of land and if someone that I didn't give permission to was on it and they said they were trailing I would make sureI was there. For one who know the land better. Granted the guys that followed you around didn't own it but if they hunted it I am sure they know it a little better then you do. Imay be wrong. Second I don't trust anyone that I don't know. I am going to folow you aroundmy property to make sure you don't go ordo something your not suppose to. Way to be mature about not hearing what you wanted to hear. Your right we are all retarded if that means we don't hunt like you. I have to say I am proud of that fact. It probably would be best if you were done posting here. That is the only smart thing you have stated.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Okay, what everybody is not understanding is. I live in a small comuinuity where everybody is free to roam.

Sorry everyone's mad but thats the facts in mid/Ill. Come on out and I'll show ya.
Wow, I guess I don't understand. I live in a community of 1200, that must be too big for the free to roam statement. But the town that the property I hunt is only around 250 people. But yet, that must also be too big of a town.

Fact of the matter, that is not the facts in Illinois, Central Illinois, Eastern IL or any where in Illinois that I have hunted.

The 2 jokers screwing with you had every right to screw with you...they weren't trespassing. I caught a trespasser on my land once. I was polite enough to tell him that is the property line and that I hope he gets to his car before the DNR gets here.

If getting the permission is no problem at all, what is taking so long? Sounds like you have a lot of sorry excuses for a bad situation that you alone created.

If you don't like the responses to your thread, maybe you shouldn't post about your illegal activities on a public forum.

Because no matter what you say, you broke the law. Not 1 time, but for a total of at least 3. Shot on somebody elses property, crossed onto their property that night and again the next day.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:37 AM

I will give this to the poster:it may be that in his area they play loose with the rules. It doesn't make it legal, and it doesn't make it right, but it may be the prevailing attitude. I've hunted places where the older generation (think 50+ years) grew up roaming across everyone's land and no one thought wrong about it. Hunting wasn't so selfish oriented and farmers didn't have time to mess with hunting and didn't care if you hunted across their property as long as you shut the gate and didn't leave ruts. But those days are long gone for the most part.
Good post.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Speaking of amatuers learning how to track, you are the one that gave up. That is a amatuerish move in my eyes. So is shooting over a fence before you recieve permission to hunt that property. That is illegal here in Texas not to mention unethical. Look in the mirror and you will see where the problem lies.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

Reading this whole thread makes me pretty happy to live in NH, where it IS a free-roaming state (unless the landowner has the land posted).

Quick Reply: Coyote's ate good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.