HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   God's Incredible healing grace and power (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/159883-gods-incredible-healing-grace-power.html)

MichaelT. 10-15-2006 09:42 PM

God's Incredible healing grace and power

I just have to pass along some praise worthy news. I'll try to keep it short.

Many here know I had to have surgery on my neck on 9/14. It was no big deal really. Long time for recoop, but nothing to fret over. But I got more than I barganed for. All I had been looking forward to all year was deer season, and I got really down because I was going to lose most, if not all, of it. Bow, Muzzleloading, and gun too. So after the surgery, I came home, and the nerves in my neck, right shoulder and all down my right arm were supposed to start trying to come back to life. I new there would be pain, the Doc. said there would be , and a lot of it. Well there was. Severe muscle spasims all over my right shoulder and upper arm. It would put me in the floor screaming, with my wife beside me holding on to me. That pain lasted for one week, then it suddenly stopped. Unfortunately, after it stopped, I had lost the use of my right arm, from the shoulder to the elbow.A week later,the doctors and surgeons scheduled an MRI, but the neck surgery was fine. The bone grafts were still in place. So they brought in another Doctor, a neurologist, who ran some tests and said he felt that I had perminant brachial nerve damage. He started me on massive amounts of steroids and other drugs. Another week goes by, thats 2 weeks with my right arm hanging limp. I went to church last Sunday, and my pastor prayed over me and laid on hands for my healing. That Sunday night, two very strong Christian men prayed over me and laid on hands, at our Sunday night "cell" group meetings. Thats where each Sunday night we meet in groups of about 20 at somebodys home for prayer and fellowship. On Thursday, 10/12 I have another MRI coming up and an appointment with the Neurologist. It is to see how extensive the perminant nerve damage is. The doctor had also said on an outside chance it could be something called Parsonage Turner Syndrome, which can last for years, but not necessarily perminant,and has very similiar symptoms. Well on the Monday before, After I was prayed over 2 x on Sunday, I was sitting here feeling down, when something inside told me to raise my arm. I was scared, but I tried, and I did it. It was not pretty, it took a long time and a lot of effort,but I did it. I called my wife, friends, and anyone else I could think of, Including the Doctor. I went to my appt. on Thursday, and had the MRI done, and saw the Doc. and the report came as follows. There is absolutely no sign of any brachial nerve damage. The Doctor saw me raise my arm over and over, in his office. He ran some tests, and said he had no explaination as to what has happened. He said he has never seen anyone who 1 week before presented with such major complete muscle Atrophy, and extensive muscle wasting who could regain that kind of motion and strength. Now mind you it is not fully healed. I only have about 20 % of my strength back, but I can raise my right arm again. I will be able to shoot my bow, and my guns, and pick up the baby, and hug my kids and wife....etc... you get the idea. The Doctor cancelled the nerve tests and injections he had set up for me that day, and told me to see him again the next trip I go to see my neurosurgeon. Thats in a month. He shook his head and said he just could not explain it...... That it just was not possible.

Well brothers and Sisters, I can explain it, and to God be all the Glory and Power , in Heaven and on earth, Amen amen. Don't ever doubt the power of THE LORD and prayer in His name. Thank you all for letting me share this with you. I pray that The Lord knows and meets your needs today. Praise be to God.

txmarshmonkey 10-15-2006 09:53 PM

RE: God's Incredible healing grace and power

AMEN!
It's always great to have God on your side of a problem.

WVCritter 10-15-2006 09:55 PM

Brother, I'd be shouting God's praises too. We take so much for granted when all is going well but when something like this happens it humbles us. Thanks for your testimony.

hammerman 10-15-2006 09:57 PM

He is the GREAT physician!

hardcorehunter 10-15-2006 09:57 PM

Very cool!!! I am happy for you!!! HCH

bhensley 10-15-2006 11:37 PM

Amen. Good luck with the rest of your recovery buddy.
Brandon

SCbowhntr 10-16-2006 06:01 AM

Michael,
Our GOD is an awesome GOD! Thanks for the awesome testimony that GOD still works miracles. I will be praying for a full recovery.
Will

wilk 10-16-2006 06:10 AM

Great news, dont ever give up hope, he is always there for you...

rookiebowhuntr_PA 10-16-2006 06:10 AM

He gives and takes away!! He gave it back to you! Amen. God is a good God all the time!! I am so happy to hear this praise report keep us updated on your progress!!!

wis_bow_huntr 10-16-2006 06:22 AM

You brought the most tearful tear to my eyes since my daughter was born. Amen.