HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Father,Son Hoosier Doe's down (pic) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/159774-father-son-hoosier-does-down-pic.html)

bloodcrick 10-15-2006 12:49 PM

Father,Son Hoosier Doe's down (pic)

What a weekend!!:)Took my 7 year old son Tanner outSaturdayevening, he got to see his first deer (while hunting), a Doe at 45 yards. we got her on film but to far for a shot, Had a great time!! went out to the truck and met my 14 year old son Dalton. He was pumped, he had a really wide buck come in just out of range. Sunday morning found me and Dalton 25 yards apart, him in his ladder stand me in my climber. I was going to film the hunt but could not find the pin that holds my camera arm on so i just left it at home, DARN. At 7:30 4 Doe's came in from behind us. first two came in out of Daltons range but the other two were going to give him a 15 yard shot. Dalton busted the bigger of the two, lumenock glowing all the way. The deer scattered and we watched Daltons deer go 50 yards and fall over dead. She lasted a whole 15 seconds. After standing there looking back at Dalton with a grin on both our faces a mile wide i looked back to see one of the Does comming back to check on the one he shot. She was nervous but i made good with a 20 yard shot and again the lumenock glowing all the way. Mine ended up going about 600 yards witha blood trail any one could follow. I dont know what kept her going. She ended up trying to cross a strip pit and we found her floating in the middle. SHEEEEEESH![:o]We ended up having to drag my john boat through the woods and to the pit to retreve her.But it was worth it. Now to concentrate on them Bucks.;)

monster10rackstack 10-15-2006 12:52 PM

RE: Father,Son Hoosier Doe's down (pic)

great pics and story

mallard stalker 10-15-2006 01:15 PM

nice one looks like you had fun!;)

jmbuckhunter 10-15-2006 01:37 PM

Double Does Down, it seems like I have heardthat story here before. From piebald and her dad. Congrats on your version.

MO_Bowhnter 10-15-2006 01:40 PM

Way to go guys, awesome.

buckhunter14 10-15-2006 01:56 PM

Congrats, nice pic!

Gadeerslayer 10-15-2006 02:26 PM

Congrats to both and nice pics....

joejr69 10-15-2006 03:06 PM

gongrats to the both of you.i can't wait tillnext year my son will be able to hunt with me..

Germ 10-15-2006 03:08 PM

That is awesome!!!!!!

NewbHunter 10-15-2006 03:26 PM

Really nice doe's, Congrats to u both!