Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Any luck NYer's? >

Any luck NYer's?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any luck NYer's?

Old 10-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default Any luck NYer's?

Windy this morning in Steuben County. I saw a few doe and some small bucks. The biggest was a 2 year old 8 point. I did manage to geta coyote though. First with a bow.

How did the other NY hunters do opening day?

Old 10-14-2006, 11:40 AM

Default RE: Any luck NYer's?

Nothing here in Delaware county as of yet, but I am heading back in in an hour or so.
Nice 'yote. Never cared to shoot them myself.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didnt geta chance to go out this morning, because I had so much college essay/application stuff to do. But now that thast done, I will be out tomorrow. BTW how far did that yote run, I want to shot one if given the chance but dont want to spend a day finding it.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:20 PM
Fork Horn

It was a 20 yard shot and he went about 60 yards is all. I use a 100 grain Magnus Stinger Buzzcut broadhead. Wasn't hard to find him really...
Old 10-14-2006, 12:45 PM

Nothing in Oswego countyyet either , did get to see some turkey's thought maybe a deer or two would have followed , but nothing.
Was windy this morning and still is at around 25 mph. Makes it real noisy out there. I'll give it another shot tomarrow morning. They should be moving buy then as long as the wind calms down.
Good luck will report back
Bill
Old 10-14-2006, 01:18 PM

Nothing from the stand this morninghere in Northern Allegany Co., but saw 9 on the way home for lunch. Heading back NOW!
Old 10-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Big Doe Down

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1736526

Old 10-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Typical Buck

had a fawn under my stand early in 7J - Madison cty. really windy, temperature was around 36. Fawn left, saw another doe beyond her exit. Little while later 4 1/5yr bucks decided to make thier presence known, watched them fight and hightail it out after about 10 minutes of being downwind of me. Tis about all, other than 40+ turkeys.

My buddy had a real heavy 8-10 ptr at 15 yards on the same piece of property, couldnt get a shot, says it went 140ish rack wise. He missed a doe, later attributed that to the fact that his bow was shooting 3 foot low at 20 yards got that fixed and gave up around 2...frozen.

found 4 scrapes that big boy seems to be running, set up the camera on one, goin back tomorrow to see what i can find on the ground
Old 10-14-2006, 05:33 PM

Boy...those Buzzcuts did a number to that Yote.
No luck for me this afternoon, though I did see a bunch ofdeer.
My big news for the evening, another stolen trail cam. [:@]
Old 10-14-2006, 05:41 PM

too windy today my buddy saw a few but not in range i had 1 doe walk in the wind gushed she flew out of there!!! better luck tomorrow!!

Quick Reply: Any luck NYer's?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.