Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shoot Through Mesh >

Shoot Through Mesh

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shoot Through Mesh

Old 10-13-2006, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default Shoot Through Mesh

Hey,
Any of you guys use this on your ground blinds. Does it affect the flight of your broadheads?

Thanks
Jim
Old 10-13-2006, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shoot Through Mesh

Hey Jim,

I've hunted in a ground blind (Double Bull) and used the shoot through mesh. I took a doe at 26 yards- the mesh didn't affect arrow flight at all. I was using NAP Thunderheads at the time. I also took a turkey at 35 yards using mechanicals, shooting through the mesh. Shooting through the mesh made my mechanical open up (it's not supposed to, but it did) but somehow I still hit the turkey (luck, maybe?).

Based on my limited experience, I wouldn't advise trying to shoot mechanicals through ground blind camo mesh, but broadheads seem to work just fine.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:27 AM

Absolutely not.

Rather than making you search through past posts, I'll re-post the videosI made a while back demonstrating how shoot-thru mesh works.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v79/CVBears2006/?action=view&current=Mesh.flv

This video shows me shooting through the mesh.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v79/CVBears2006/?action=view&current=MeshResults.flv

This video shows the results of me shooting through the mesh.

I was shooting at a target 20 yards away.

Old 10-13-2006, 08:13 AM

I just shot a doe out of my Matrix last weekend @ 12 yards.....Worked flawlessly. Unless you shoot mechanicals w/ big "L" arms for deployment, such as the Rocket Hammerhead, they work perfectly. Any fixed blade head will work just fine.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:17 AM

Pretty nice video, WA. Hunter--I just got my self a Big Game Escape Deluxe blind with shoot thru mesh; I kinda wondered what it would do to the arrow...glad to see the answer is nothing
Old 10-13-2006, 09:35 AM
Fork Horn

I shot my Sika deer through the mesh this year with no problems at all. I used Montecs and everything worked out great. I did hear a story at camp of the fellow that hunted my blind 2 weeks before me. The story goes on about him taking 3 shots with mechanicals through the mesh and flat out missing the first 2 and sticking the deer in the ham on the 3rd. The guides BEGGED him not to shoot the mechanicals through the mesh, but some people are a little thick.

Mike
Old 10-13-2006, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

Anyone know where to get this shoot thru mesh, I understand that it comes with the blinds, but what about some extra?
Old 10-13-2006, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Double Bull sells it. Get the mesh designed for the Matrix, it will be the biggest size and you could aways cut it up and use it several times if you didn't need a size that big.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

I use mechanicals (spitefire 100's) but have ordered some Slick Trick's to shoot from my blind! What yall think. Anyone shoot Slick Tricks through them?
Old 10-13-2006, 11:02 AM

ORIGINAL: neck4752

I use mechanicals (spitefire 100's) but have ordered some Slick Trick's to shoot from my blind! What yall think. Anyone shoot Slick Tricks through them?
I think youll be waiting a year for your Slick Tricks...that is what I think!

Quick Reply: Shoot Through Mesh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.