Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Making my own hunting building..... >

Making my own hunting building.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Making my own hunting building.....

Old 10-13-2006, 06:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Making my own hunting building.....

I’ve got a +/- 450SF building in the back of the house that my wife has given me the OK to make into my “Manland”. I can do anything I want to it……but it IS an outside building (it has vinyl siding…..shingled roof……2 small roll up doors). I’m going to remove one of the roll-up doors and put in a double French door. I’m going to insulate the walls and put up OSB board……and paint it camo (walls). What can I do to the ceiling? This will be a place to keep all of my stands/blind/targets/etc…., but I want to run cable out there (it’s already wired) and have a place for the guys to hang out if we want to (or my son and I a place to work on our hunting equipment). I just can’t figure out what to do with the ceiling.

Any suggestions?????

Thanks, in advance, for your responses.

Jeff
Old 10-13-2006, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Making my own hunting building.....

That is great that you get to do that!! If you are good at painting or know someone who is, paint a sky with ducks or geese flying. I saw this at a hotel that we were doing the water piping and plumbing for, and it looks awesome!! Its just an idea tho!
Old 10-13-2006, 06:50 AM

Get one of those 3d leaf camo nets, and staple it to the ceiling.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is it open so you can store stuff in the rafters? If so, how about camo netting to hide it?
Old 10-13-2006, 07:20 AM

If my wife let me do that, i'd live there too.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

v-joint pine always looks great in that type of building.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:19 AM

If it was open rafters I would put up some flooring and maybe put up some shelves. Kinda like a mini attic
Old 10-13-2006, 08:49 AM
Dominant Buck

The netting's a great idea.....and I do plan on using some of the area for storage (already do)......but I need to insulate the ceiling, too. I guess I could put in OSB for a ceiling.....pain it.....THEN put up the netting. That would work.

Oh yeah....I'm a construction Project Manager...lol. I should know this stuff.

Jeff
Old 10-13-2006, 09:23 AM

We are doing the same thing with our "barn". It's about the same size I think. We just bought an excellent condition 3 pc. slate pool table for $100 bucks last month and got that set up out there. We already have a room in the house where we put all of our mounts and outdoorsy stuff, but the barn is now called the "man barn". Since I am "one of the guys" I'm allowed in it lol...

Under our pool table, we put green indoor/outdoor carpet and framed it in (sounds corny, but it looks pretty cool for our purposes), we plan on painting a football field on it with the Detroit Lions endzone. On the wall that the "football field" butts up against, we are making a field goal with pvc pipe and will be putting a projector out there to project the games between the goalposts. On the other end of the building, hubby and his best friend are going to be building a poker table and there will be a small bar. We are building a pub height "bar" around the half of the room the pool table is in and will be putting stools under it all the way around. We also will be getting a ping pong topper made for the pool table and will have a dartboard. We want one more "game" in there, but can't decide if we want one of those shuffleboard games (played it at Dick's, pretty fun) or if we want to get an older edition arcade style Golden Tee game... guess time will tell, depends on what kind of deal we can find.

Those kind of "man rooms" are fun. We have rafter ceilings with plywood on half for storage. I believe hubby is going to close it all off with plywood or drywall and insulate it. We also have a garage door we will be taking out of it to aid in the insulation process. Not sure what we want to do for heat yet, I was actually thinking one of those electric fireplaces (no gas line run out there) would be sweet for in there, especially during football season when the snow is flying, and for $300, it would be a nice touch. Oh, and hubby has to have the sign "Hot beer and cold women" or something like that... Sheesh... men! LOL
Old 10-13-2006, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

Gobblers,

It aint no "MANLAND" if You had to GET an OK from HER!

Heres what You do: Sneek in her purse when she aint looking and get Your Gonads out and put em back on.

Then go up to her and give her an open handed smack and tell her You are taking the shed, And You want your steak rare !!

Report back here when done!

Slack

Quick Reply: Making my own hunting building.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.