Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how many bucks usally live in 1 area >

how many bucks usally live in 1 area

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how many bucks usally live in 1 area

Old 10-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default how many bucks usally live in 1 area

i hunt public land, and i got a really good spot, but 2 nice bucks have allready been taken there, i know that dominant bucks stay within the same area of where there like, so is this place going to be buckless for a year or 2, how many bucks are usally in like a 5 mile wide place or average?
Old 10-12-2006, 08:26 PM

Default RE: how many bucks usally live in 1 area

In my area.....apparently ZERO.....[&:] I dunno, good question actually. I'm sure there are more though.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Depends on the deer density in your area. One year I had a camera out and got 25 or more different buck pics from the same spot. In a five mile area probably at least 100.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

It depends on the surrounding areas. In my honey hole I know of at least 6 bucks on film or spotted and this is a very small area. Last year my hunting friend and I hunted one spot away one morning, we were 60 yards apart in the trees and we saw 6 different bucks, I can imagine in that woods/mountain side there were prolly double that if not more. Depends on your deer density and buck to doe ratio.

Tough question really.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:43 PM

five mile wide place? deffinatey more than 2. but who knows for sure. could be 15, could be 100. where do you live?
Old 10-13-2006, 06:51 AM

I dont think that there are 100 bucks in a five mile area. Good lord You'd have deer coming out your ears. Large older bucks home area encompasses an extremely large region. You never know those deer that were taken might have been from a mile away. And yes they wander that far.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your state DNR would probably have the info you are looking for.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:09 AM

Here, if there were 100 bucks in a 5 mile area, there would be 12000 does in that same area
Old 10-13-2006, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do some research on the area you are hunting. It can vary a lot depending on the area- deer densities, the makeup of the herd, etc. I hunt a small 60 acre property, and there are 5 bucks that I've been seeing regularly. Only 1 of them is a "shooter" in my book, but I see all of them very often.

Also, something to keep in mind is that during the rut, bucks are going to be ranging far and wide. You might not see much right now, but you could have a much better chance in several weeks once the rut gets into full swing and bucks are cruising long distances looking for does.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-13-2006, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Like Rob I have a small Honey hole. (sounds kinky huh?) Probably 60 Acres or so, Obviously there is other surrounding area. But I have physical evidence (game Pics, sightings etc) of 7 different bucks....not to mention wanderers who will venture through the area once the rut starts kickin in..

Quick Reply: how many bucks usally live in 1 area

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.