Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 processing your own deer? >

processing your own deer?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

processing your own deer?

Old 10-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: processing your own deer?

Well guys, that's about it, I think I've covered it all. If there is anything I missed, or there is something you do differant that may be better for you, join in and share! I hope this helps those who want to give it a try.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:18 PM

Very informative, Thanks for taking the time out to show the process.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great post. Thanks for taking the time. This is a great example of why I visit this site, is posts such as this. No talk about Respect and some of the other crap posted on here.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: janesburg

Great post. Thanks for taking the time. This is a great example of why I visit this site, is posts such as this. No talk about Respect and some of the other crap posted on here.
I'm just humbled to be here, and glad to share.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Neat post Scott thanks for taking the time to post that......
What is your reasoning for skinning neck down? Is it simply a matter of using the back legs as an anchor for the other cutting or is there another reason?
Old 10-12-2006, 05:36 PM

I trim mine down a little harder no fat or silver membrane. but any way I have a bunch of sausage recipes if anybody is intrested and some for other critters as well pm me
Old 10-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

Very well done. Informative for us visual learners and great text. It's always nice to see someone put in the time to help others learn. great job and thanks.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:55 PM

After viewing all the photos, I was just wondering what your neighbors think of you doing all this in your driveway??? I believe my neighbors would freak out!! LOL!!

Old 10-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: chestnuts

After viewing all the photos, I was just wondering what your neighbors think of you doing all this in your driveway??? I believe my neighbors would freak out!! LOL!!
I'm known around here as the resident redneck, but theres not much they can do. Most think its pretty cool, however the couple directly across the driveway always flips me off when she sees me doing it. I don't care, it's my right, and she can't stop me. My next door neighbor Fred absoulely hates it, but we are the best of friends, he's just an animal lover, and he respects my love of the sport, and my way of thinking that it's gods gift to us as food. I try to process while he is at work so he doesn't see it. He has tried my summer and polish sausage, to my surprise, and likes it. I always get people who stop and watch and say hi, most wave, especially the older generations. It also doesn't hurt when your good friends with the city police sargent/ canine officer.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Make this post a sticky. Great job and very descriptive. If it wasn't for the pictures i would of been lost, im a visual learner not a reading learner.

Quick Reply: processing your own deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.