Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Should I get Binos or a Rangefinder? >

Should I get Binos or a Rangefinder?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Should I get Binos or a Rangefinder?

Old 10-12-2006, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Should I get Binos or a Rangefinder?

You should consider getting a range finder that is alsoa set of binos. Leupold makes the RB800C Rangefinder which is also 8X32 binos. It will cost around $500.00 but you'll have both in one. I have this and would not trade it. The fact the you dont have to carry the extra weight and can have one thing around your neck within easy reach will help you hunting tremendously.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get a good quality rangefinder. My Leica goes everywhere with me, bow or gun. My binocs go with me sometimes.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, that's a tough decision. I would go with the rangefinder... I think. I'm not sure though. I guess I did buy my binoculars before my rangefinder.[&:]
Old 10-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would prefer a rangfinder and an el-cheapo pair of binocs if you could only afford one, but get better bino's down the road IF you feel you are missing something by not having a quality pair. See how much you use the cheapos and decide if you need to buy a little more brightness during the last few minutes of daylight... I love my Nikon 440 rangefinder (sold my bushnell for the more compact Nikons) and I just bought Monarch binos, only used them in the field once though so far (only been hunting twice since I bought them, and only one of those 2 places did I really need binos.)
Old 10-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Typical Buck

good range finder and a cheap, low power binoc so you can use them in both spots
Old 10-12-2006, 06:59 PM

I would go with the bino's, but it seems most of the other guys would take the rangefinder. I am going to get a quality pair of bino's as soon as possible since right now I only have a cheap set but still use them quite a bit for hunting and for scouting.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

Cheap binocs and range finder....one of the best hunting tools i've bought.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Jimimac

I'd get the rangefinderand a cheap set of binoculars. You can getbinoculars for very little money. They won't be great, but they will be better than the human eye. You can always get a better set down the road.
Exactly
Old 10-12-2006, 07:20 PM

I have a great set of Binos I never use...and have no idea why......I use my rangefinder all the time. I range trees around my stand when I set up. Rangefinder gets my vote.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:16 PM

How much money to do have to spend? You can get by with a cheap rangefinder but not with a cheap pair of binos. If your funds are limited get the rangefinder for now. I had a cheap pair of binos once.
If you're thinking about spending $80 on binos I would suggest to take that money and go out for some prime rib and crab legs because the30 minutes it takes to eatis going to be infinitly more pleasurable than a lifetime of using a P.O.S binocular.
If there were only 2 binoculars in the world... $80 or $1080... I would buy the $1080 pair every time, even if I lost them every year and had to re-buy every year.

Quick Reply: Should I get Binos or a Rangefinder?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.