Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Yet another Scent Lok clothing post.... >

Yet another Scent Lok clothing post....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Yet another Scent Lok clothing post....

Old 10-12-2006, 04:27 PM

Default RE: Yet another Scent Lok clothing post....

ORIGINAL: The Lone Wolf

Same results here, except I wasn't wearing scent-lok, it was a 4-1/2 year old buck, and I had a cameraman in the tree with me! Pressure has more to do with how deer react to scent than anything. Also, with thermals and many other factors, you're wind may have not been reaching them like you think it was!
I love how stories like this one just get brushed under the rug in threads like this. Why is it that people who swear by the benefits of carbon use isolated deer encounters in the woods as proof of that products value and effectiveness..........yet whenever someone says they accomplished the EXACT same thing without carbon they don't treat it with the same respect.

Here is a guy offering valuable tools that could help people actually UNDERSTAND something more about scent control.............but some are more interested in hearing "I put on a suit and saw a deer downwind"

Weird.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:35 PM

ORIGINAL: RogerYenn

40% of the bucks on my wall exceed P&Y minimums. All but two were killed using Scent-lok. Those two were killed before I added Scent-lok to my gear.
You killed P+Y bucks with and without carbon suits.......so how did it help you??

Don't expect to leave work, put it on and then hunt. It doesn't work that way.
How does it work then??.......if it adsorbs odors as well as advertised you shouldn't have to be scent free to put it on.

Practicing strict scent control and adding Scent-lok is a great combination.
If you practice strict scent control then why do you need a suit?

I'm happy with the results.
Were you not happy with the P+Y bucks you killed before carbon suits?
Old 10-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

On the flip side of this - Todd (The Lone Wolf's) wind might not have been reaching this deer like he thought it was due to thermals. So maybe his encounter w/o scent control clothing isn't reliable either!

Edit: If I hear one more arguement about this I'm gonna puke. How many time are we going to cover the same topic over and over and over?? If you believe in it, great. If not, that's great too. Why do we keep chasing our tails on this?

Atlasman - WE GET YOUR POINT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 04:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Atlas two more days and you get to hunt, looks like a great opening day for you.

Go practice up and get ready, and have a great season.

By chance do you know where i can find one of those magic rocks?
Old 10-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Typical Buck

I'll be damned if I buy camo clothes that cost more than what I work in............

There are better and cheaper ways to go scent free.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I started using VooDoo this year and I've already killed a nice doe and a nice 10-point. With VooDoo you don't have to worry about whether the rock is lucky or not. Nothing is left to chance.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:08 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: ghemry

By chance do you know where i can find one of those magic rocks?
I've got a driveway chock full of them , stop by and take your pick .
While you'here , I've got a chemical protective suit that's new in package left over , you can have it along with the used one I also have , just reactivate it and forget that pesky ol' wind ...
Old 10-12-2006, 10:14 PM

Gee I thought this thread was about one guys hunting experience....

But It is about scent - lok suits , magic rocks, and voodoo...LOL

I sure am glad no one has come out on here telling everyone how much better Matthews Bows are than Botech Bows. Or, talking about how much smoother and quieter they are. Or more well made. Yep, I sure am glad that hasn't happened...LOL
Old 10-13-2006, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

On the flip side of this - Todd (The Lone Wolf's) wind might not have been reaching this deer like he thought it was due to thermals. So maybe his encounter w/o scent control clothing isn't reliable either!

Edit: If I hear one more arguement about this I'm gonna puke. How many time are we going to cover the same topic over and over and over?? If you believe in it, great. If not, that's great too. Why do we keep chasing our tails on this?

Atlasman - WE GET YOUR POINT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
When I posted on another carbon suit post last time someone asked me why do I care so much that so many hunters are wasting their money on this clothes and I said that I don't. I realized the other day that I do. I was at Bass Pro looking to get a set of Under Armor to stay warm. The sales guy kept pushing the Scent-Lok version of the Under Armor saying it was the best they had in the store and it would make me see more deer (He actually said this). When I told him that I wasn't interested in anything scent lok he proceeded to tell me all the testimonials. I felt ill and just walked away from him and when he followed me I told him to go help another customer.

Clearly the marketing for this clothing has reached the level of DeBeers the Diamond company. In Japan they never used to use diamond rings to get married now they do and women are beginning to consider it insulting if they don't get one. Just like a lot of folks getting into hunting believe that you can't hunt without the magic suit. I was one of those people and if I can stop a few people from making the same mistake I did that would be good.

Atlasman, you're doing the right thing.

Tom