Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 While gutting a deer... >

While gutting a deer...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

While gutting a deer...

Old 10-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: While gutting a deer...

shuballs...several times..seems some deer are curious and return to the scene of the crime..circle pattern movement
Old 10-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

I shot a cull buck the other day and tried out my new hitch reciever game hoist I made. I was not 10 ft away from my camp house where I skinned/gutted/quartered and cut the deer up. The reason I did this was on account that I had a water hose right there. Well 30 minutes afterwards I went out on the porch and saw 2 does right behind my truck drinking the water on the ground that I used to wash the carcas off, this right where I dressed the deer out. I went back inside to get a camera but they spooked and got out of there. Maybe it's because I was in my skivies then[8D]

Some times ya just have to wonder.....
Old 10-10-2006, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's how I got my first buck. My Dad shot one so I went over to see what he got. While he was straddling it another buck came running right to us, so I dropped the hammer on him, and he dropped like a stone.
I was 14 or so and Dadsmiled for two weeks straight.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:00 PM

Well i never have but i remeber my dad always telling a story about him and my uncle when they were gutting my dads buck another buck came out and my uncle shot him.

My second year hunting i was out in the mornin with my dad and missed a deer like 5 times. (scope was way off since i wasnt to sure about shooting with a scope) bUt anyways dad comes walkin back around and say did ya get one and i was like umm NO. lOL but as we are talkin her comes another 2 or 3 and he gos ok its my turn now and BAM drops one. lol. that was pretty cool that mornin.

I did end up shooting one the very next morning in the same spot.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did that with a rabbit once. With a bow. Two head shots, 11yds and 16yds.

As you can probably tell I'm pretty proud of it. lol.

Tom
Old 10-10-2006, 07:28 PM

Yea as a matter of fact my uncle shot a 130" buck and i offered to help him gut it. While we were gutting it a doe ran by with anothedr good buck(little smaller than my uncles). But my gun was leaning on a tree about 4ft away andby the time i got to it, all i saw was its butt. Funny thing is my uncle shot his deer while the neighbors were standing just 40 yards away. They had shot a doe and it ran on to our property, and they were asking my uncle if they seen it come by. They were talking back and forth and then my uncle heard a noise to the left. It was a doe with this buck right on her tail. And my uncle shot it at about 10 yards. Moral of the story is bucks are focused on one thing that time of year, and it got him on my uncles wall.