Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 20 feet closer to God >

20 feet closer to God

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

20 feet closer to God

Old 10-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default 20 feet closer to God

Maybe it is the quiet of the woods or the sights and sounds of nature all around me. Maybe it is that when the time comes that I am able to hunt, I am just so grateful for that opportunity, I want to count all my blessings. Or maybe it is just that I am…
20 feet closer to God.

I cannot help but feel that I have to pray from my tree stand. Once I am up there, settled in and waiting, then all the thoughts come into mind. Thoughts of how lucky I am to be able to hunt today. Lucky that I am healthy and physically able to hunt. Lucky, that I have a job that affords me the time to go hunt. Lucky, that my wife is able to run the store and hold things down while I am up the tree. Lucky that I live in a country where I can hunt. I often find myself moved to prayer while I up that tree. I just need to say thank you Lord for all the blessings in my life.

So how many of you share in this feeling? Feeling 20 feet closer to God. I have spoken to other hunters in the past who have told me that they get that feeling too. I guess if you have not experienced it for yourself…. Well then I might just sound like some religious nut to you. But, in reality I believe that giving thanks is an important part of hunting. I feel there is a connection you have with nature as a hunter that is difficult to put into words… at least difficult for me. So I was just wondering what kind of response I would get from my hunting community regarding this subject. Any thoughts?
DW

Old 10-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 20 feet closer to God

Doesn't matter if up 25 feet or in my ground blind , anytime I'm out in God's woods I have that sense of being close to him.
In fact it's one of the reasons I go out every chance I get , I like that feeling of being at peace with myself and what God had created and mother naturelooks after.
If I happen to get a shot at a deer then I give thanks for the bounty of the harvestand then bringing it home to feed my family.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:04 PM

All I have to do is see the sun starting to peek out and hear the birds and animals starting to awaken on a cool, crisp morning, while I am in the woods or in a deer stand, and at that point each and every time it happens I can know deep in my heart that there IS A GOD. There is no other way that the magnificence of all creation could exist. I can thenlift my face toward Heaven, and give honest thanks for the opportunity He has given me during my time He grants me in this world, and I know my responsibility I have to Him. Thank You Jesus, Bless you Lord. Amen.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:08 PM

It sure is nice to read post from other Christian deer hunters....

Thanks guys !!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 04:13 PM

I do the exact same thing every time i get up in my stand. Not everyone has the privilege to do what we do. Therefor i think we need to thank him each and every time we get the chance.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Honestly, I feel and think the same way. I start each and every hunt with a prayer. That's me...
Old 10-11-2006, 12:46 AM
Fork Horn

I think I have heard a quote from Uncle Ted about being 20 feet closer to god, I wish I could remember it. I am with you all I feel the same way and am thankful for the chance to hunt whenever I can.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Amen to that..I read my Bible alot when deer hunting. I had just got done reading over 30 chapters of Jeremiah when I shot my first buck...I even got a little blood on the pages after I field dressed it. by accident of course.

I also have memorized the local flowers , birds and butterflies in Florida. I like knowing what I'm looking at. Hunting in a highly pressured WMA diffently takes faith and the blessing of God to score. I speak with God 24/7 ..He is in all my thoughts. I don't have a TV set.

You are so correct about having a thankful attirude . I forget that sometimes...like last Sat. when I got busted. I can be thankful that I even saw one where I hunt at, that I didn't see one hunter in the area, that I'm able to hunt, for the gorgeous weather we are having in Florida, for not stepping on a snake, and that my Summit was still on the tree locked up.

Great post my Christian friend and thanks for giving us the opportunity to express our hearts on this matter.
C7

Old 10-11-2006, 06:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am a man that is very grateful to God for all the unearned grace and undeserved mercy he has shown me. I feel close to God where ever I am but without a doubt when I am in his woods I feel the closest.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:30 AM

I often take the time to reflect and praise God on my way to my lease (45 min drive). I pray for a safe day for my family, myself and all my hunting buddies. I usually pray on the way to the stand and often while I am on the stand. I thank God for all the beauty in the woods, the plants and animals and for getting me there and in his tree safely. I always thank him when I get to see deer and my heart starts racing and also prior to a shot, if I have one, that my aim is true. We are truely blessed.

Thank you Jesus is what I try to say everytime I catch a fish and I have taught this to my nephew. I will also say this whenver I get my first bow deer.

Thank You Jesus!

KB

Quick Reply: 20 feet closer to God

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.