Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I really believe in The Can.... >

I really believe in The Can....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I really believe in The Can....

Old 10-10-2006, 10:19 AM

Default RE: I really believe in The Can....

Rob...............

You should know.............It just ain't worth it...............and there is never a trophy and the end of this fight..........

Been there, done that.....................don't give em what he needs to survive................................
Old 10-10-2006, 11:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Illinois Buck Hunter

When I first started using the can I had very good results. Me and my dad killed 2 130 inch deer on back to back nights out of the same stand. They both answered to the can. 1 week later, another 120 class buck answered to the can out of the same stand.

Since that year I have not had near the same results.Everyone hasa "can" now and I believe that the deer in my areaare more hesitant to answer to the call.I now mainly use my true talker for grunts and bleats, and a rattle bag, and every now and then a snort wheeze.
IllI think you hit the nail on the head here. I predict the same fate for the buck growl call. A buddy used it and has called in 5 bucks with it already. Wait until everyone has one and are blowing the thing, the older deer will catch on real quick.

All calls will work in the right situation. I called a button buck over to me last year with a grunt tube, because a 120'' class 8 was chase him away. It worked!! I really try and keep quite, but if it works for you have at it!!
Old 10-10-2006, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with the overuse theory. When there are more can bleats in the woods than birds chirping, it isn't going to work worth squat, anymore.

"BLAHHHH"

"BLAHHH"

"BLAHHHHHH" "BLAHHHHH"
Old 10-10-2006, 02:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Everyone else's experience is never good enough for you so why would your experience be good enough for us?
Never??...........c'mon Rob, you are really reaching. I don't care much for "experiences" that go against known facts (carbon) or "experiences" that are nothing more then isolated cases being presented to others as "what to expect" (camo, scents, etc)..........and you are the one that kept listing his resume as backup for your claims..........not me. I am using YOUR standard, not mine

Your changing your story, now it is type of call, that is not what your statement concluded.
I did not change anything. Perhaps you misunderstood.........although no one is comparing brand names in this thread so like I said, I don't know why you waould have thought I was.

That makes more sense although I have had more response from a grunt tube "type" call than any "can" type call.
Now ya got it