Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Well, finally got number 1 >

Well, finally got number 1

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Well, finally got number 1

Old 10-08-2006, 08:17 PM

Default Well, finally got number 1

Well, I finally got my first deer. I am 17 and i have been bow hunting for 3 seasons now. Saturday was the opening day here in Virginia, and it all came together. It started at 5 o'clock Saturday morning when I got up and took my shower and headed to a small farm about 45 minutes away and I got in my stand and sat until about 11 o'clock and then decided to goback toward the house where Ican hunt a much larger farm. So I got set up in treestand and waited until about 30 minutes before dark and decided to walk out. I had a sneaking suspension that I might see one on the way out. And sure enough alittle doe popped out from underneath an apple tree and presentd a 18 yard shot. So I shot her and it seemed alittle far back "liver" but i knew it would be dark soon and put another in her, this one lickily hit the heart and she expired quickly.

It was raining and cold all day and i shot her late so I couldnt get the pic until today. She's pretty little but I am happy because it is my first with a bow.

Old 10-08-2006, 08:18 PM

Default RE: Well, finally got number 1

Cool dude!.. your hooked now!
Old 10-08-2006, 08:19 PM

Congrats on the first bow deer. It's so much more challenging than rifle hunting, but don't you think it's a lot more rewarding?
Old 10-08-2006, 08:20 PM

Good job and congrats.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:21 PM
Typical Buck

nice, awesome that you could get 2 in her, Ol Quick draw.. congrats that will be some good eating now go after the horns..
Boone & Crockett

She's tender and to think, she's a smaller target, good shooting and good eatin, congratulations.

Congrats....The first one is always the hardest to get.....But the one you will most likely remember the most
Old 10-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

congrats on your first
270 win what kind of are u holding there?
Old 10-08-2006, 08:27 PM

Nothing wrong with little, you got your first one out of the way and you got some meat for the freezer too! Can't beat that!

She is really tiny, like I said, nothing wrong with that, but it reminded me of when we were at Gander Mountain yesterday checking in hubby's deer and the guy said he had one come in a while ago in a cooler! LOL I was like, a fawn won't even fit in a cooler, but I guess they would. Sometimes you forget how small deer are compared to what they look like in the field. My button buck last year was really tiny too... but hey, he fed us for the whole year, and since hubby didn't get a deer last year it was better than nothing for sure and as my first bow kill it was a trophy in my book!

Congrats and good job!
Old 10-08-2006, 08:30 PM
Fork Horn

270 what kind of arrows are u using also?? looks like the exact smae setup as me jennings speed star and beeman ICS400 arrows with the same fletching arrangement

Quick Reply: Well, finally got number 1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.