HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Which one would you buy (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/158771-one-would-you-buy.html)

Matt/TN 10-08-2006 07:28 PM

Which one would you buy

well guys I only have 1 "good" broadhead left, the others or unsharpenable due to nicks and whatnot.I was shooting 90gr 4 blade muzzys, the performance was alright after you sharpened them some. Im pretty sure I want to stay with fixed heads but if I were to use mechanicals I believe I would use the Rocky Mountain Snypers because I have heard nothing but good things about them. Well I need to choose a good fixed head, I want to move to 100gr, what is your guys suggestions? Even if you guys have some that you would sell me that would save some of the hassle of ordering them. Im open to suggestions

mbhutton 10-08-2006 07:34 PM

RE: Which one would you buy

I use the 100gr 3 blade muzzy and have no problem and love them

Ray Hunter 42 10-08-2006 07:36 PM

dude just go with the thunder head 100s you can get them at wal-mart and there pretty cheap and there sharp and so far i have takin 2 deer with them both only goin no more then 50 yds

amayerican 10-08-2006 07:39 PM

I buy the blades for my 100gr muzzy's.. the used bladesI use for practice.

duckhunter669 10-08-2006 07:40 PM

If you like to resharpen,go with the montecs.

Rob/PA Bowyer 10-08-2006 07:41 PM

Agreed, replacement blades will be cheaper than buying new heads.

BowHuntingFool 10-08-2006 07:41 PM

Have you tried the Slick Tricks yet???? Great shooting head, there is a post in the Bowhunting forum on the damage they do!!

But isn't it a little late to change broad heads for this season???

Matt/TN 10-08-2006 07:44 PM

yeah i was think of replacements but i though hey why not try a new one? As far as changing heads this late, the way i see it my bow is well tuned, shoot the new heads and see if they shoot fine, if not use my lone muzzy. I am actually interested in the slick tricks but how long does it take to get them and how much are they?

mobow 10-08-2006 07:51 PM

Cougars, I've shot 2 doe w/ Magnus Stinger 100 grain this season. These things are incredible! They fly like lazers and I've achieved pass through on both, even though the latest one I hit in the shoulder blades. I hit BOTH shoulder blades and the arrow never slowed down....ok, it slowed down, but not for 20 yards beyond the deer.

wisbowhunter2009 10-08-2006 08:08 PM

3 blade 125 grain muzzy. They work pretty darn good for me. and there "bad to the bone" as they say! last year shot one threw the shoulder and went all the way threw.