Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-08-2006, 05:20 PM

Default HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

How long after you kill a deer from one stand do you guys recommend waiting before you hunt the same stand again. How will it affect the deer patterns.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it all has to do with how much the area was disturbed by taking the first deer. IMHO
Old 10-08-2006, 05:28 PM

I shot him he ran off about 100 yards and expired. I brought him straight out. No realy disturbance I saw 4 does 30 min after I shot him. Thanks.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

you should be fine my cousins shot deer from the same stand 2 days in a row as long as you didnt spook them when you took the shot your ok
Old 10-08-2006, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

Alot of people think it matters, but I say if it's a good spot hunt it!!!!
I can tell you that last year alone! An 8pt and a 10pt were taken out of the same stand less than 24 hours apart,a 6pt, a 10pt, a doe, and a fawn were taken out of the same stand(but not same as 8pt and 10pt)in 48 hrs, and 3 does in 3 days out of another stand!!
Bottom line I don't think a gut pile mattersone bit, and years of taking deer out of the same stands proves it!!!!!!! For me anyway!!!! If the deer disapear so will I, but until then.........
Old 10-08-2006, 05:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think it al depends on where you are hunting them. ie my brother used to live in the sourthern part of the state here. He has shot deer and the next day they would shoot another one in the same spot almost. But, it is a smaller area then where I hunt up here. Up here if you shoot a deer they will move out of there for about 2 weeks. So I think that the size of the area, food, cover, and ect. plays a big role in it.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

I know it does not matter.I have killed deer same day same stand more than once.Here's a pair that me and my dad killed out of the same stand same day.

Old 10-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Many times I have taken deer evening and the next morning from the same stand. Hunt it and see what happens.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

Last Friday evening I shot a doe and Saturday morning while watching a fox eat the gut pile from Fri. I had another doe walk right under my stand. She was not alarmed or nervous at all.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

Last year I took a doe and 30 minutes later my buck they both fell laying about 25yds apart. My Dad took 2 does about 15 minutes apart out of the same stand 2 days later. Also a couple other experience deer don't seem to mind blood or gut piles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.