Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 can quad riders be stopped? this sucks! >

can quad riders be stopped? this sucks!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

can quad riders be stopped? this sucks!

Old 10-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default can quad riders be stopped? this sucks!

no matter what i do i cant keep the quads out,kids ,adults,whoever>>> besides booby trap what can u do? its at night ,scaring all the deer away! no respect anymore!
Old 10-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: can quad riders be stopped? this sucks!

ive done years of research and have concluded that whitetails love 4wheelersits fun for the whole family and even the resident deer.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:56 PM

The only legal thing i can think of is contact the sheriffs department. Let them handle it.
Now there are lots of things I can think of thats very illegal, like hanging wire up about neck high.

Also do you know exactly who it is. I would let them know that the sheriffs department will be involved if this matter continues.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:45 AM

First of all, forget anything remotely associated with booby traps. That will get somebody killed and you in serious trouble. You didn't mention if the ridingwas on your privately owned land or not?
Old 10-08-2006, 08:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

If it's on public land there is nothing you can do.

But if it is private land then post signs and contact the law and have them charged with trespass and any other charges the MAN wants to lay on them.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had the same problem with a newly aquired piece a few years ago. The guys had a path to the store and then were also riding all over the property. I posted it first, then when I ran up on them, I asked them nicely to just stay on the trail to the store. I explained that I understand the fact that they liked having a path to the store but I would prefer them to stay on just that one path. Next time I caught them riding around off the path, I stopped them and explained that I had permission to stop them altogether if I wanted to since the owner didn't like them riding. And if they couldn't stay on the store path, I would and could stop them from riding anywhere on the property. They had a smart alec answer that I couldn't stop them, so I explained that cables across paths and nail strips buried under leaves would change their minds. They amazingly saw the light and now we get along fine, they stay on their path and I get to hunt.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

its posted everwhere, ive actually watched them read the sign and then drive right on,99% of the time i dont see them, night time probably, the cops dont do anything around here!
Old 10-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Spike the trails so all their tires go flat and this way no one gets hurt. Someone riding their quad on private posted land is scum, a low life etc...I'd do what ever was necessary to resolve the situation within the law and no bodily harm. What you want to do with your property is your business and if you want to spike a trail, it's your trail to spike. I hope you pop all their tires.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

first i would just post signs stating that u have already spiked the trails and see if that changes their mind about riding on ur land. but if they continue to ride, then make that sign true and pop their tires.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:59 AM

First make a no spike strip, with a 2x4 and nails, then conviently place it vertically so they wont run into iton the same tree as yourno trespassing sing, secure it so they wont take it, and when they go to use the trail again the will see that you have made them, seeing is believing, hopefully after seeing you are committed to doing it they should get the picture and turn around.

Quick Reply: can quad riders be stopped? this sucks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.