HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Done in Missouri! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/158622-done-missouri.html)

Greg / MO 10-07-2006 01:16 PM

Done in Missouri!

The ghostly face and accompanying antlers slowly materialized above the creek bank thirty yards in front of my stand, searching earnestly for anything amiss in hisdomain. Seemingly staring under and past my lofty perch, he finally felt comfortable enough to ease down the trail I was set up on.

Every couple steps was interrupted with more searching, more listening.Twelve yards from the base of my tree I thought he was about to turn sideways, and I began drawing while he looked back to his left. A quarter of the way into my draw, he snapped his head back and directed his stare once again straight ahead; I was forced to freeze.

Ten more yards of shuffling steps found him a mere two yards from my tree, and I finishedeasing the little Tribute to full draw. Slowly allowing my pin to settle between his shoulders, I began squeezing ever-so-gently on my release's trigger.

Quiet exploded into pandemonium as the 100-grain Muzzy MX-4 tipped ACC slicedcleanly through his bodyfrom top to bottom, blowing out between hislegs. The buck jumped three feetstraight upinto the air, mule-kicking simultaneously, before attempting to run away from the sting of death. Thirty-five yards later, it caught up with him as he crashed to the floor and silence once again enveloped the woods.

And... in honor of one of my most favorite board members, and eteemed bowhunting brethren... ;)

buttonbuckmaster 10-07-2006 01:19 PM

RE: Done in Missouri!

Nice buck Greg, congrats, and nice pics!!

Rob/PA Bowyer 10-07-2006 01:23 PM

Congratulations Greg, great photos as well. I look forward to entering him in the contest.

Washington Hunter 10-07-2006 01:24 PM

Congratulations, Greg!

Great story and pictures too!

Bols 10-07-2006 01:28 PM

Congratulations, Master of Missouri woods.

You didn't waste anytime giving those deer a taste of death and filling the freeze in the meantime.

Once again, great pics, great story.

Ohh and the buck, not too shabby if I say so myself! ;)

jmbuckhunter 10-07-2006 02:14 PM

Nice job GREG, really nice buck you got there. Great pics too. You mean you are done already. Are you in the area where they don't allow more doe tags? You need to find a place to hunt for more does. I couldn't stand being done already!! Neat story too.

Howler 10-07-2006 02:15 PM

Nice job..............looks like a definant future hunter there to celebrate your success with ya!

JeramyK 10-07-2006 02:25 PM

Awesome buck, congrats Greg! Great story.

Cougar Mag 10-07-2006 03:16 PM

Congrats Greg! Well done. Geesh, I haven't even pulled the string back yet and you have 2(?) already. Nice buck:)

SPIKEHORN11 10-07-2006 04:06 PM

Nice rack!! Great job!!