Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Done in Missouri! >

Done in Missouri!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Done in Missouri!

Old 10-09-2006, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Done in Missouri!

Greg....sorry took so long......Great deer, I love the pic with your son......I know that is what got me fired up to hunt was seeing my Dad bring home the venison........CONGRATS!!
Old 10-09-2006, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

congrats greg!! great buck, any word on score yet??
Ed, I came up with 104 7/8...

GregH, you'd prefer "I shot a deer tonight"? I assure you, I'm not "trying out" for anything; I come by it honestly.

Perhaps you didn't read my bio when the Farbman puppets had me all riled up... http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1655722&mpage=1&key=Farbman& #1655722

Mabye someone will enjoy some decent writing in here for free without having to go buy that issue of Deer & Deer Hunting...
Old 10-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

greg did you take that deer witht he allegiance or the tribute, it looks like the allegiance to me?

that realy does look like a good healthy mature deer, good luck in ill. and thanks for getting us on the board
Old 10-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Coug, that's the Tribute you see there...
Old 10-09-2006, 08:21 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

GregH, you'd prefer "I shot a deer tonight"? I assure you, I'm not "trying out" for anything; I come by it honestly.

Perhaps you didn't read my bio when the Farbman puppets had me all riled up... http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1655722&mpage=1&key=Farbman& #1655722

Mabye someone will enjoy some decent writing in here for free without having to go buy that issue of Deer & Deer Hunting...
No, I wouldn't prefer that extreme either, just something a little less dramatic than " the ghostly face and accompanying antlers" kind of writing.For me that's a little over the top. It is also the main reason I stopped subscribing to D&D Hunting. I'm the bottom line kind of guy and prefer short, detailed and to the point writing. Something I can learn from more than beautiful words strung together to be admired. That's why I switched to Whitetail Hunting Strategies and North American Whitetail.

No, I'm sorry I didn't read your Bio or anybody elses for that matter.

I'm sure people will enjoy enjoy your eloquent and beautiful writing style. After all, you come by it honestly and told us it was decent. I believe you. Best of all it is free.

From my point of view, I learned of an almost supernatural deer, its approach, the tense wait for the shot and then what kind of performance your broadhead gave you. That's great and it was a good story, but what, where, how and whywere you hunting There? Was it trails from feeding to bedding? Was it a funnel? I guess I'm looking for the strategy that allowed you to take that nice buck. You asked me what I'd prefer and this is what I prefer.

Nice deer and nice pictures... congrats
Old 10-09-2006, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, that's why they sell so many different magazine subscriptions...
Old 10-09-2006, 08:42 PM

great deer Greg.....looks bigger than 104..................

You just keep knocking em over
Old 10-09-2006, 08:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rack, I'm chatting with Matt / PA... he swears I messed up measuring him too! Who knows? I've never measured one before; I usually leave that to my taxidermist if I'm gonna mount them... and this guy's defiinitely too small for that after the last couple from Illinois...

I was guessing 110 before I tried to measure him; I'm sure I screwed it up somehow... [8D]
Old 10-09-2006, 08:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

I'm sure I screwed it up somehow... [8D]
What's this?? A chink in the armor perhaps???

Never show weakness Greg....never show weakness...[&:]

(U know I'm just teasing I hope...)
Old 10-09-2006, 09:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Some things I feel confident in, mobow... But I'll freely admit when I don't know squat about something! At least I erred on the smallish side, I think ...

Quick Reply: Done in Missouri!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.