HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   VA bow season opener (rain rain rain rain rain.....) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/158618-va-bow-season-opener-rain-rain-rain-rain-rain.html)

ButchA 10-07-2006 12:46 PM

VA bow season opener (rain rain rain rain rain.....)

How was your bowhunting this morning? Here in Virginia it totally stunk... Man, I got absolutely, totally soaked!!! :([:'(][&o]

I ended up calling it a day and packed up and went home at lunchtime.

Geez.... Rain, rain, rain, wicked pouring rain, 30 mph wind gusts, man what a morning for VA opening day bowseason!!!

I mean I got absolutely drenched all the way to the bone!!! But at least I saw two does 50-60 yards away, and then they took off up the ridge. So, I hiked in a ways and settled back in, in hopes they'd circle back around, but I never saw them again. :eek:

Butch A.[/align][/align]

Rob/PA Bowyer 10-07-2006 12:54 PM

RE: VA bow season opener (rain rain rain rain rain.....)

I feel bad but I had a beautiful morning.;) Lots of deer around, just no antlers.

Perhaps you need Enigma in all that rain. ;)

ButchA 10-07-2006 01:47 PM

Hehehee... I felt like I needed a canoe at one point! ;)

Butch A.

UFunny2 10-07-2006 04:38 PM

Next week is supposed to be decent weather. I delivered mail in this stuff all day. Told my wife, this is probably one of those extremely rare days where I would rather be at work than sitting in a tree. Saw several deer at the field edges around 4:30 when I was driving home....about when the rain started subsiding! I'm off all next week, so I will get plenty of time in the stand. BTW...rain guage at work measured 6 inches since 7:30 this morning.

bassfisherman711 10-07-2006 06:46 PM

i feel you man...this am was not too fun being WET and damp. this afternoon i went out after the rain stopped and saw 8 deer, all does, had a shot at 2 yearlings but passed.

MarinePride 10-07-2006 07:15 PM

I waited until later in the day to go out because of the gusty wind and ever present chance of rain. I got my climber in place and everything set up just before noon. Then it started drizzling which turned into a light rain, but I stayed relatively dry under the cover of the pine tree I was in. To make a predictable story short;the only deer I saw was a doe at 6:25 PM. She was acting real spooked by the sight of my SUV parked about 10 yards from the edge of my small food plot. She walked into the food plot took a few bites, kept looking at my SUV and acting real fidgety. The whole time my bow is stil hanging on the limb. I was waiting for her to face away from me and I was going to grab the bow and draw. I never got the chance, as this deer just didn't hang around. Lesson learned: Park further away next time.

I'll give it another chance on Monday.