HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Harvested two turkeys! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/158575-harvested-two-turkeys.html)

JLmoore1956 10-07-2006 04:48 AM

Harvested two turkeys!

Hey all, been awhile. All settled from Iraq and hit the ground running for season. Well on Wednesday, I harvested two turkeys with my bow. Missed the day before, and I have a nice piece of wing feather for the one I missed earlier on Wednesday, but being the good soldier with marksmanship training, and can talk myself throught things. I readied, I drew, I waited, finally, finally aimed properly and heard the arrow hit home. The turkey was dead before it hit the ground. And, the rest of the flock made the mistake of hanging around to see 'what the heck?' So I nocked another arrow, I drew, and within less then a minute of the first turkey, I arrowed a second. Pass through, but it was down for the count! Wow, what a way to start the season!

Just wanted to say hi, relay the good news, and say I won't stay away as long this time!

Jeff

Campo 10-07-2006 06:45 AM

RE: Harvested two turkeys!

It is great to have you back!
I remember reading many of your posts before the spring turkey season, last April-May.
Congrats on the birds...and THANK YOU for coming home safely!:)
Enjoy hunting for something asides from Osama

buckhunter14 10-07-2006 07:57 AM

Welcome back and thank-you. Congrats on the birds!

royak 10-07-2006 08:04 AM

A big congrats and thanks for serving

Howler 10-07-2006 08:07 AM

Two turkeys, with a bow no less, in such a short period of time!! Hey, all I can say is after serving this country, your success is well deserved!! Welcome back.................................and THANK YOU!!!

mofireman 10-08-2006 05:20 PM

Outstanding! Thank you for your service to our country!! Welcome Home!

Phil from Maine 10-08-2006 05:48 PM

THANK YOU for coming home safely!
And congats on the turkeys! I was also wondering what type of arrow head you use on turkeys as I have never hunted them before. I am currently considering to try it in the southern part of the state. Could you let me know?

JLmoore1956 10-08-2006 06:07 PM

I used the Crimson Talons 100 grain!

Penetrated to the thighbone and almost through it. Clean through the second one.

MOTOWNHONKEY 10-08-2006 06:11 PM

Nice going on the Turkeys. A double with a bow is a proud moment for sure.

JLmoore1956 10-08-2006 06:25 PM

thanks, I will never forget it, that is for sure. Had a couple misses, but when I talked myself through it, I was on and on good!