HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Why bother? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/158434-why-bother.html)

txjourneyman 10-06-2006 05:44 AM

Why bother?

I have hunted 5 times since the opener on Saturday. Every time I have gone, with the exception of Saturday morning, the temps have been in the 90s. Last night when I went aftewr work it was 95 at 5:15 when I got to the lease. I got dress in my camo and was soaked through with sweat in 5 minutes. I won't be going hunting again if the temp is 85 or greater. Why bother? I cannot enjoy myself when it is that hot. Too many trips like that will ruin hunting for me. We should see cooler temps this weekend. I pray that is so.

Heidicazz1 10-06-2006 05:53 AM

RE: Why bother?

That is pretty crappy Hot weather is hard , we run into the same during opening week always seens to be terrible ...but on the other hand don't get to upset you've got to keep going determination is the winner no matter how hot or how much it rains nature always has something up it's sleeve .

davidmil 10-06-2006 05:57 AM

YUP, having hunted on crop damage hunts for a few years in July and August I know what you're saying. I've climbed in a stand at 6PM in August with the temps around 95. Then shoot a deer and have to drag in that heat is a bummer. Not a pleasant thing at all. You might as well save yourself from stinking up the stand sites and stay home. That way you get in some "Points" and favors with the family you can call in later.;)

txjourneyman 10-06-2006 06:02 AM

Good "ADVICE " Davidmil, LOL! I planned on doing just that. I'm taking the family to the state fair this weekend to gain some of those points. And you are right, I really don't want to stink up the stands I have. I can't kill them from the couch but I can't kill them if they smell me from the next county either.

brang05 10-06-2006 08:32 AM

Been the same here in Missouri. Not as hot, but the weather stinks for the most part. Had a few cool mornings, but not cool enough. On the other hand I have been on the road and seen deer in the fields at dusk and thought to myself " You should have been out there" Makes you wonder about yourself at times doesnt it?

davidmil 10-06-2006 09:01 AM

In the 30s here in sunny Upstate NY this morning. Beautiful day to be in the woods. Alas, I had to go turn in some building permit apps and I have a meeting with the builders so I had to pass. But the pressure is off since I shot an 8 point last Friday and don't have to worry about it.;)

gzg38b 10-06-2006 05:30 PM

I don't know how you guys down south stand it. Anything over 60 degrees and I'm bit*hing about the heat! There's nothing better than a crisp November morning with temps in the upper 20's! That's when the deer move around here. We've got lows in the 30s tonight so I'm heading out around 4 am and sleeping in my stand till daybreak.

txjourneyman 10-06-2006 05:39 PM

STOP IT! JUST.....JUST STOP IT! LOL!

rtread 10-06-2006 05:57 PM

I'm taking the family to the state fair this weekend to gain some of those points.
Eat a couple of corn dogs for me and watch out for the idiots! Hook 'em Horns!

OhioHunter222 10-06-2006 05:59 PM

im just praying its dry and cool next weekend. last weekend it was either raining or it was hot.