Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Huge buck taken in Ohio on opening day! >

Huge buck taken in Ohio on opening day!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Huge buck taken in Ohio on opening day!

Old 10-05-2006, 02:47 PM
Banned

Default Huge buck taken in Ohio on opening day!

I found this story on
http://www.ohiosportsman.com ... Don't know if it's true or not.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:54 PM

Default RE: Huge buck taken in Ohio on opening day!

Ohio is under rated when it comes to big bucks, hunters here are beginning to take big bucks every year and were starting to become known for them, because Ohio is the Best. THE BUCKEYES ROCK TOO! had to add that lol
Old 10-06-2006, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

yep, ohio is getting a reputation as a big buck state. think about it, all the corn and beans in ohio make it one huge food plot for deer. we don't have to plant biologic. :-)
Old 10-06-2006, 09:14 AM

I don't think i'm blind but man that pic looks photoshopped look were is the body weirdest body i ever seen and look at them shadows man i'm pretty sure that is a fake
Old 10-06-2006, 09:21 AM

It's hard tellin' sometimes I guess....

But I have seen some bruisers comin' out of Ohio!

Indiana is getting a few nice kills, but we still have too much dang industry to outweigh the hundreds of corn and bean fields... that's bad... *really* bad. [&o]
Old 10-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Typical Buck

I don't think i'm blind but man that pic looks photoshopped look were is the body weirdest body i ever seen and look at them shadows man i'm pretty sure that is a fake
I believe this picture is legit, you don't see a body because he's already beed caped out. I have a lot of family in Ohio and everyone up theretells me they see more and more big bucks every year. Time for a family reunion.

Old 10-06-2006, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: get_r_done_hunting

...look were is the body weirdest body i ever seen and look at them shadows man i'm pretty sure that is a fake
That deer is caped out ready for a mount,that's why there is no body, it's just the hide (it still has the neck, but from on back it's the hide). I don't believe it is fake.Butthat doesn't mean someone killed it hunting, could have been found. I'm sure that deer isn't just on that one website if it's that big. Do some research on it and you might find some more stories on it. If not, then it might just bea hoax. I really doubt it though.....that's a monster either way!
Old 10-06-2006, 11:26 AM

http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/default.htm

Here's your proof. Ohio is a monster buck state just look in the books.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:45 AM

Its a true story seen it the same place senecaville did man what a great buck once again ohio strikes with a big buck.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:48 AM

A massive-beamed, 33-point nontypical buck was arrowed last Saturday by Amish hunter Jonathon Schmucker of Seaman, in Adams County on the Ohio River. Schmucker, who used a crossbow, declined a photograph of himself with the deer because of custom.

Well I hope he at least takes to be mounted.

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061006/COLUMNIST22/610060315

Crossbow??? Isn't that a little too "mechanical" for the Amish?

Quick Reply: Huge buck taken in Ohio on opening day!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.