HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Enigma Camo... Adjustability photos (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/158282-enigma-camo-adjustability-photos.html)

Dubbya 09-28-2006 10:57 PM

Enigma Camo... Adjustability photos

Hey everyone I just received a shipment of Enigma Camo today. This stuff is awesome, but something that often gets overlooked is how adjustable this clothing is. This allows you to wear anythingunderneath from shorts to several layers for those really cold days. With all the talk surrounding this stuff, I just thought I would share.

This is a sleeve that is not tightened around the arm.

Sleeve tightened with velcro straps

BDUBlousefully loose

BDU Blouse tightened

Pants waist fully loose

Pants waist tightened

This is just a front view of the BDU Blouse.

ilovehunting 10-05-2006 11:35 AM

RE: Enigma Camo... Adjustability photos

That stuff looks pretty cool. If you dont mind me asking, how much did it cost for the pants and jacket?

PA Hardwoods 10-06-2006 05:38 AM

Good Post DWD2001, some of these features is what sets Enigma Camo apart from the other patterns and manufacturers out there. Top notch stuff. You can even see from the photos that these are quality made garments.

animalized 10-06-2006 06:19 AM

Ya, I like the looks of that stuff. Also like how they give you the options of double knee, seat, etc....

Gonna have to check that stuff out!!

PA Hardwoods 10-06-2006 07:22 AM

Animalized, If you have any questions feel free to call Chuck Pensyl the owner and Creator of Enigma Camo. You will learn very quickly that Chuck is a great guy who stands behind his product 1000% You can find his number on the Enigma website: (www.enigmacamo.com) If you go with enigma camo you won't be disapointed.:D

I have personally had 2 whitetail yearling doe within 20 yards of me and just look right through me. I stumbled upon them as I was passing through a field (They were just inside the woods). They spotted my movement, but when I stopped waling and stood still they just seemed to peer right through me. This went on for 5 minutes or so with them bobbing and moving their heads to figure out what was there. Keep in mind I was completely exposed in the middle of a grass field with nothing more than the other set of woods behind me. The doe then decided there must me no threat and casually went back to feeding and eventually walked calmly away.

There has been one gentleman (Iamyourhuckleberry) who stalked and killed a Lioness in Africa along with many other african game. (This geltlemans African safari photos can be seen on Enigmas Website, www.enigmacamo.com) Also there has been another documented case where 2- 200lb men were sitting on the ground in the open and had a mature doe within a few yards of them looking right through them as if they were never there. As far as i'm concerned Enigma works and Works well.

IL_BOW_MAN 10-06-2006 07:30 AM

I am not sayin I like this new camo, but I am not writiing it off either. But I can tell you one thing, I would never buy it with that much velcro on it. Velcro is way too noisy to be in the woods in my opinion. Just my 2 cents.

Rob/PA Bowyer 10-06-2006 07:47 AM

ORIGINAL: IL_BOW_MAN

I am not sayin I like this new camo, but I am not writiing it off either. But I can tell you one thing, I would never buy it with that much velcro on it. Velcro is way too noisy to be in the woods in my opinion. Just my 2 cents.
IL_, you know I thought that much as well however, the velcro around the arms are dead when fastened and eliminates the need for an arm gaurd. I love the feature. I set mine and that is that, no noise, no need for adjustments in fact, I leave it as is to and from the stand, taking on and off. The Velcro for the back, same thing. When I dress I set it, it's there until I decide to change it. It's not the cheap velcro that lets go.

Same for the pants at the belt loops and I usually don't wear the belt and the ankle fit is fantastic to put on my rubber boots.

I can see the questions on it but as I've experienced it thus far, absolutely zero noise.

PA Hardwoods 10-06-2006 08:49 AM

Same results here Rob. That velco will not move until YOU move it. Absolutely no noise from mine either. I have to say these are deffinitly the quietest pieces of hunting clothes I have ever owned.

mez 10-06-2006 10:03 AM

I like the looks of the pattern. Question though, I know there has been mention made of the material being water repellant, is it waterproof? If not do they have any plans to make it with gore-tex or something similar?

PA Hardwoods 10-06-2006 10:26 AM

Mez here is an explination of Wolfskin Fabric.

"This is a great fabric! Of all the high tech fabrics out there, we have not found any others that perform like this fabric. Very tear resistant. Very burr resistant. Very water resistant.(this fabric has an ultra-thin polymer treatment called a durable water repellent , or DWR. This treatment penetrates the fibers and lowers the surface tension of the fabric, causing water to bead up and roll off the garment instead of being absorbed.) And if Wolfskin does get wet, it dries in minutes and in fact after the spin cycle of the washing machine, Wolfskin feels dry! Wolf Skin will not fade or shrink. Truly a fabric that could last a lifetime with proper care."

As for personal experience, I was caught outside in a downpour for over 1/2 hour (The type of rain that makes you think about building an Ark) wearing my wolfskin Enigma camo hat and noticed that the water just beaded off of my hat. When I took off my hat the outside was soaking wet but the inside and my head was completely bone dry. And to top that off the hat was completely dry in about 15 minutes. I know Iamyourhuckleberry another Enigma user and member of this message board has been out in 16" of snow Elk hunting with his Enigma suit and was completely dry when he got back to camp while his hunting partners who were wearing other fabrics and camo patterns were soaked. Maybe he will chime in and tell us more about his experience.

So the best I can say is Wolfskin is just about as close to Waterproof as you can get without using Gortex. or some other Waterproof Fabric.