HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Awesome night hunting with my daughter! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/158276-awesome-night-hunting-my-daughter.html)

buzz_boy35 09-28-2006 09:53 PM

Awesome night hunting with my daughter!

Last year I took my daughter (10yrs old)out hunting a few times. We never saw anything but enjoyed being out. This year I purchased a ground blind to conceal us and it worked great. We haven't hunted yet together this year, but she has been asking me to go. I told her if I get home from work early enough we would go. So we made it out and about 40 minutes in the ground blind watching the birds all around us a button buck showed up in my small food plot. Due to the small area my blind is only 5 yards off this little plot, so any encounter was going to be a close encounter. I told Marissa I saw a deer and not tomove. She did great she stayed still. Then a doe showed up right behind him. The button buck was starring us down and trying to smell us, but I think my Deer Dander cover scent beat his nose:Dbecause all he did is stomp his foot then starting walking right to us. He got within 5 yards and thedoe was behind him. It was so neat and intense. This was my first time seeing deer from a ground blind.Once they starting feedingI peeked out themeshed window a little more and saw a nice mature doe. After seeing her I drew back and took aim behind the shoulder and watched my arrow zip thru. After the shoot the deer scattered andMarissa was excited andblurted out, "look at the deer run,look at the deer run". Then she proceeded to give me a big hug. It was awesome to harvest a deer with her.She help me track the doe also and I let her do alot of it and she was great. Asked alot of question and when we found the doe she was just as excited as I was. Wonderful night. If you get a chance to hunt with your kid you have to get a ground blind, so much fun. Here issome pictures.[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]

BowHuntingFool 09-28-2006 09:56 PM

RE: Awesome night hunting with my daughter!

Thats great! Congrats and what a wonderful time you both will never forget!!!!!!!! Once again, Congrats!!!!

ron3775 09-28-2006 10:01 PM

Buzz Boy, that is great! What it is all about. Experiencing the outdoors with your children and family is the greatest of all. That is the reason that I set aside the first two days of rifle season, so that I can still hunt with my father. I am taking my 13 year old son out this year for his first archery season. He is so excited, I am thrilled that he has the fire just as much as I do. By the way congrats on a great doe.

pastorkhris 09-28-2006 11:28 PM

Man that is incredible - we need more good dads in the world - thanks for being one!!!

Finch 09-28-2006 11:42 PM

Thats awesome!

Thanks for sharing.

OhioHunter222 10-05-2006 01:57 PM

i remember when my dad first took me out, i was around 10, lol i couldnt stay still. im 15 now and a heck of a lot better at it now lol. congrats on your deer, its great you got to bring your daughter.

TreeDreamer 10-05-2006 02:32 PM

Wow.........I know exactly how you must have felt at that moment. I have relived that moment quite a few times with my daughter. Just wait until she is the one releasing the arrow! I hope the two of you have many more enjoyable hunts together, but I am warning you dad......those little girls turn into better hunters than us guys. Congrats to both of you on a very successful hunt.

Trembow 10-05-2006 03:00 PM

That is so cool Buzz Boy! I can't wait for a chance to take my daughters out with me like that. I was just looking at some blinds online today myself!

royak 10-05-2006 03:08 PM

really awesome

AK NIMROD 10-06-2006 08:10 AM

TIMES LIKE THAT ARE SO SPECIAL CONGRATS ON THE NICE DEER