Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 hunting with the women >

hunting with the women

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hunting with the women

Old 10-05-2006, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hunting with the women

My wife doesnt like hunting and I like it that way. Hunting is my get away time at man camp, no girls alowed. arrr arrrr.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:05 PM

My other half wanted to go with me one time three years ago, but i don't have to worry about that anymore because she won't go back. It took about ftwenty minutes in the treestand and she couldn't take it anymore. It ruined that hunt that day because we left 2 hours before sunset.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

My mom always wanted my dad to take her deer hunting, but no way! My step-dad on the other hand says OK lets go! My moms 1st day deer hunting, she shoots a spiker, pisses her pants, and never hunts again!
The End

~Vikes
Old 10-05-2006, 06:59 PM

Vikes, that's just downright funny!

I'm very happy that my hubby got me into it. He enjoys me as a hunting partner and I enjoy him. He still gets his "alone" time, because we have two kids and one on the way, so we have to alternate hunting times. It works out great.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:08 PM
Fork Horn

There's just something about being in the middle of nowhere with your wife in a shooting house. Come on. Dont tell me I'm the only member of the Redneck Mile High Club????????????

ShawneeSlinger.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: *JB*

My wife wants to go just to see what it is like. So guess what? I have a cameraman(or camerwoman). Well see how this goes.
You are going the right way about it!! I did the same thing a year ago with my wife. She captured my turkey bow slam on video!!!! And did a hell of a job doing it!! Now I have a new hunting partner. The only bad side is we argue who is hunting and who will be taping. Who knows where your videos will take you to. Its definitely alot of fun!!!!
Old 10-06-2006, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

My wife loves to go with me, but not in the woods. She stays in/around the camper studying and relaxing. I dunno, that may change next year. We bought a new Supercrew that she calls hers, she went to her first drag race recently and has started appreciating the finer taste of Budwieser. That neck might be turning a slight shade of red! If she starts eyeballing my new Switchback Xt....HHmmmm
Old 10-06-2006, 06:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

My wife has joined me a few times. She shoots a bow now and has gotten pretty good. Good enough that she wants to hog hunt. She is not sure that she wants to kill a deer yet so we will start with hogs. I hope to get her out this weekend at some point. She is a darn good shot with a gun and wants to try her hand at a gobbler come spring also. I love that we have this extra time together although 2 hunters in the family could get expensive! And what if I want to go and we can't find a sitter for our 2yo and Carie says " No way, its my turn"? That could be a problem!
Old 10-06-2006, 06:53 AM

I too, am one of the VERY lucky ones. My wife (of 21 years) absolutely LOVES hunting and every aspect of it. Let me tell you about getting her started. The very first time I took her with me, she wasn't into it just yet. She already had a high interest and was already shooting archery, but hadn't totally committed yet. So, I take her with me one day to see if she would want to pursue it further. I had everything set up for us to sit together and we weren't even in the stands about 10 minutes, and the rain started. I mean, it rained pretty hard and all morning. We saw quite a few deer but never got an opportunity for a shot and needless to say got soaked to the bone. I know some of you are thinking, "that must have did it for her", but nope, in fact, she was hooked. Even after a miserable day like that, the sport of bowhunting was running rampid through her blood.

That was about 7 years ago and she has been my hunting partner ever since. I'm extremely happy that it turned out that way too, and for a couple different reasons.
1- I now get to spend time doing a sport that I love, with the person that I love. You think sitting there trading hunting stories with your buddies is cool? Well, this is even better than that. My wife and I have great stories/memories that include BOTH of us. Yes, she has filled her share of tags to help contribute to the stories.
2- Before my wife got started in this, I hunted with a couple of my buddies. The land we hunted on was land that I obtained and was given permission to let them hunt with me. The treestands that were on this land, were all mine and all the work done to put them up every year was done by me. NOT ONCE did my buddies come in and help do any of the work but yet, come deer season, they had their gear all ready to go and couldn't wait for the season to start. Oooops, forgot, I DID have help doing treestands. YES, my WIFE!! She was always right there helping me any way she could. Never once complained or anything. So, I figured, why not benefit from this and now I do. I have a hunting partner that shares in the workload now, a hunting partner that helps fill MY freezer and best of all, if she doesn't happen to cash in on her tag, it gives ME a second tag to work on But, that doesn't happen a lot.

I'd just like to say, the guys/gals that don't or can't get their spouses involved in this with them, are truely missing out on something special. Something that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world and I thank GOD that I was one of the fortunate ones!!!
Old 10-06-2006, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife would love it...I just need to get to stop shopping!

Quick Reply: hunting with the women

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.