Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What harness/vest combo? >

What harness/vest combo?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What harness/vest combo?

Old 09-25-2006, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What harness/vest combo?

Well I will admit it..........I have never worn a safety harness.

This year I will be changing that. With that said, the cheapo harnesses included with stands seem to not be comfortable or provide me with the range of movement I would like. I want a setup that will effortlessly allow me to stand up, turn, and take a shot on my off side without the strap getting in the way of myrelease shoulder or arm. I am willing to spend the $$$ to get a good vest/harness combo, butI have to know today so I can order it in time for next weekend. This will be used all the way from early season out till late season in January.

What vest/harness combo is best?
Old 09-25-2006, 07:23 AM

Default RE: What harness/vest combo?

I highly recommend the Hunter Safety System Vest, used with the 20' Fall Guy Retractor. You can find both on the Bass Pro Shops web site. Go there and take a look at them. You will be able to see them and read some information about both products. If you buy both and use them correctly, you will be safe.

Good Hunting
God Bless
Giant Nontypical

I have to say that I favorite harness came free with my Big Game treestand. I have been though a few that I have taken back for various reasons. If you are interested in the model, etc. then PM me.

Bob
Nontypical Buck

The only vest that I'vepersonally is the HSS Pro. Bought it last year and it has been great. Much easier to put on and lock down. The HSSis available in3 different models. The Stalkeris $75, HSSis $100 and the HSS Prois $125.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:27 AM

I just bought the Loggy Bayou harness. I just didn't want a vest type harness, it's hot enough here in E TX already. The LB harness is extremely easy to put on and it is NOT bulky at all. I haven't hunted with it yet but I expect it to be a lot more comfy than the harness that came with my stand.
TXMM
Old 09-25-2006, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also just bought the Loggy Bayou harness and have heard a lot of good things about it.. Only thing is I think the shoulder straps need more adjustment.. I mean I ordered the XL so I could use it with all my clothes on during the winter but right now the shoulder straps are just a bit loose.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

Please wear one. Even if you don't care about yourself, think about someone else who cares about you. I have a Seat O Pants.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:20 PM
Typical Buck

txmarshmonkey I agree,I don't like that vest style at all.I have a seat o pants and like it okay ,but it only fits early in the season,so today after doing alot of searching I found the loggy bayou transformer system and ordered the Xl (Cabelas was out of them).What I do also is when I hang my stands I drop a fall line from above the stand and lash it around the butt of the tree and slide a prusic knot up as I climb ,and down as I descend,this way youre alswaysclipped/safetied in.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:22 PM
Typical Buck

Old 09-25-2006, 08:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Honestly, all I wear is the standard nylon belt that connects to the tree as well. I know it's not the best but it's something.

Quick Reply: What harness/vest combo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.