Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rage broadhead did NOT open >

Rage broadhead did NOT open

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage broadhead did NOT open

Old 09-28-2006, 09:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Rage broadhead did NOT open

No there was another one not too long ago.

ORIGINAL: Campo

Kinda strange that it didnt open...
I dont really think those on this thread who are preaching their fixed blade broadheads are in touch with the numbers, or with reality for that matter.
This is the first post this year, at least that I am aware of, that stated that aexpandable broadheaddidnt open. Also, fixed broadheads have their disadvantages too,opening blades just happens not to be one of them. If I am wrong about this being the first post about a expandable not opening, please point it out to me, so I can read up on what NOT to buy!
I looked at the Rage broadheads and really dont like that slip cam design. Seems like they are really complex. The high KE of your arrow and the thinness of the paper might have led to the broadhead just passing through the paper...maybe try the same test with cardboard? This year I am going to be shooting Rocket Steelheads...they are a simple design that looks like they will open everytime. An expandablewith a rubber band is more likely to be consistent than a expandable with a camming mechanism, IMHO.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:24 AM

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

No there was another one not too long ago.

ORIGINAL: Campo

Kinda strange that it didnt open...
I dont really think those on this thread who are preaching their fixed blade broadheads are in touch with the numbers, or with reality for that matter.
This is the first post this year, at least that I am aware of, that stated that aexpandable broadheaddidnt open. Also, fixed broadheads have their disadvantages too,opening blades just happens not to be one of them. If I am wrong about this being the first post about a expandable not opening, please point it out to me, so I can read up on what NOT to buy!
I looked at the Rage broadheads and really dont like that slip cam design. Seems like they are really complex. The high KE of your arrow and the thinness of the paper might have led to the broadhead just passing through the paper...maybe try the same test with cardboard? This year I am going to be shooting Rocket Steelheads...they are a simple design that looks like they will open everytime. An expandablewith a rubber band is more likely to be consistent than a expandable with a camming mechanism, IMHO.
Thanks...do you remember what brand and make?
Old 09-28-2006, 10:14 AM

You need to shoot at somthing it can pass through before you can see any results. A block target will stopp it but the blades will close when you pull them out. I never had trouble with mine. Shot a deer with it not problemo. The Entrance wound was about 2.5 in. and the exit was about 2 inches. No problems to be reported from me. Maybe it was a fluke? Who knows.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

This is the first post this year, at least that I am aware of, that stated that aexpandable broadheaddidnt open. Also, fixed broadheads have their disadvantages too,opening blades just happens not to be one of them.
I honestly don't know of any.

Todays fixed blade heads are many times stronger then mechanicals, fly every bit as good as a mechanical, are many many timesmore reliable, cut holes plenty large enough and some fixed headscut larger holes than some mechanicals, and most fixed heads cost less.

I honestly don't see a real need for mechanical heads any more or see any disadvantage to using a fixed blade head.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use 3 blade Muzzys, 100gr with my compound and 100gr Spitfires with my CB and NEVER had one NOT open in 5 years with 12 kills! What can I say?
Old 10-05-2006, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

is rage a sponsor on this site? All of my posts were deleted

[/align]
Old 10-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

"is rage a sponsor on this site? All of my posts were deleted"

While we were copying the Forum database from the old server to the new, something went wrong and all of our data was corrupted - meaning all posts were lost. Our most recent complete backup of the Forum was from 9/28, so any posts made between that date and this morning have been lost. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused any of our members.

On the bright side, everything is back up and running and performance should be greatly improved.

Thanks a lot,
The HuntingNet.com Staff
Old 10-06-2006, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

So, what is the verdict since season has come in??? Anyone taken a deer with the Rage broadhead or had issues shooting deer instead of targets?
Old 10-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive shot one using the 3blade. I hit the deer in the spine. The broadhead opened completely on impact and passed thru the spine into 1 lung. Did its job but the head is ruined.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Typical Buck

A local proshop employee told me he shot a doe with a rage three blade and never recovered the deer. he said he thought it was a good hit , but he only 6 little drops of blood.

[/align]

Quick Reply: Rage broadhead did NOT open

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.