Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 my season might be over.. >

my season might be over..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

my season might be over..

Old 09-27-2006, 05:16 PM

Default RE: my season might be over..

Hard work and alot of dediation will ge tyou back and better than ever. I would know I tore ACL, MCL and my Lateral Maniscuss my junior year and was back for the Senior

Tim
Old 09-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

man i hop you recover quickly but u are lucky i am in my last year of football starting o tackly and one of my good friends our fullback hurt his knee and will nenver play football

PS what the HELL was your coach thinkin
Old 09-27-2006, 05:58 PM

im kinda in the smae position...i broke my leg a couple of weeks ago in football. had to have surgery and all that good stuff too. so im still not sure if ill be able to hunt this year. it sucks
Old 09-28-2006, 07:03 AM

the coach that pulled the ball back happened to be my first cousin. im really not mad at him because it was a joke and this just happened to happen thanks for all of your supprt i am gonna try my hardest to get back out in the treestand. Im hoping this isnt gonna affect my baseball season.

Old 09-28-2006, 08:06 AM

Take it a step at a time. See what the ortho guy says and let it heal a bit. You may find that once the intial trauma heals some that you get by just fine for hunting and can fix it after the season. I tore my cartlage in two places playing soccer four years ago in september. The Doc said that I wouldn't likely hurt it more so waiting until january would be fine. It was a little shaky so I wore a neoprene brace hunting. You are young and will heal just fine, this type of surgury has come a long way....also, I'm sure your coach feels awful and stupid. I doubt he was trying to hurt you. If you agree then forgive him and move on.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:01 PM
Spike

I have a knee problem also,I plan on using a pop up ground blind this year.I will tell you,If my coach did that to me I would either get him to buy me a ground blind or the next kick would be to his flipping head,that is irresponsable for a coach to do to one of his players.