HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   my season might be over.. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/158048-my-season-might-over.html)

Downhill18 09-27-2006 09:35 AM

RE: my season might be over..

That's a bummer, but you'll be fine. I blew my knee out a couple years ago, and its ok now. Make sure you get in to a good REHAB CLINIC -- that can make a HUGE difference in recupperation time.

fillae 09-27-2006 09:55 AM

I feel for you. I tore my ACL in 1983 playing football and finally had it fixed this past January. I was in the 7th grade then. I continued playing football that season and up through my Soph year. It gave me problems, but I never let anyone know how bad it was. I ran track and even competed at the collegiate level for one year (until the knee became totally junked). You can live without an ACL, but the surgery was the best thing I ever did. The technology is incredible now. I was playing golf after 3 weeks, so your entire hunting season may not be lost.

Good luck!

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-27-2006 10:11 AM

Tough luck, it might stop me from playing football but it wouldn't stop me from hunting. Your young, you'll bounce back.

NHmtpond 09-27-2006 10:49 AM

That just goes to prove that you shouldnt dry fire your bow or your leg, I hope it heals fine and doesnt bother you later on in life. Good luck and do what the doctor says.

wis_bow_huntr 09-27-2006 11:07 AM

git a ground blind man! they work!

DUMB BASS 09-27-2006 11:14 AM

I find it hard to believe your coach pulled a stunt like that??? Not responsible at all, and he and the school could be liable. Not to mention he hurt his own chances of winning games with your leg.

I do hope your able to get out there and hunt though. Good luck.

Campo 09-27-2006 11:22 AM

WTF!?!?!
I am not a huge fan of sueing people, but if your coach did that, I would sue him and the school into the ground. That is one heck of a way to endanger the physical well being of the student. I would at least report him to the Super or the Board...his keister will be canned in a heartbeat.
Sorry to hear about your injury, but there is no reason your coach should have done that...
Take the appropriate actions as you see fit...but if he were my coach[:@]

Amhrdwd 09-27-2006 04:21 PM

Not to knock your coaches COACHING skills, but what kind of jackass coach would do that to one of his athletes who happens to be his place kicker for one, secondly to a minor who is playing the sport because of his love for it and to support his school, and finally to someone who has a life outsdide of his (the coaches)grid iron gang, who just so happens to hunt. I mean if he was trying to practice a fakefield goal maybe he should have filled you in so you could have anticipated it.

early in 09-27-2006 04:30 PM

You should have punched him in the mouth for that one![:@] Hope you recoop quickly. :)

gzg38b 09-27-2006 04:51 PM

Suck it up and HUNT! I had knee surgery AND a vasectomy 2 days before hunting season and it didn't stop me from being in my tree. You're knee is going to hurt just as bad sitting in front of the TV. You might as well sit in the woods. As long as you have somebody to help you drag your deer, get out there and HUNT!