Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Kill or Harvest? >

Kill or Harvest?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Kill
72.52%
Harvest
27.48%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Kill or Harvest?

Old 09-27-2006, 03:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Kill or Harvest?

You kill with a rifle and harvest with a bow.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

They both have the same outcome, but if talking to an anti hunter harvest would be a more ethical term to use.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:30 PM

This is a great waste of time IMO. I can't believe I just read this entire topic. Since I did make it thru this thread, I'll just say that the P.C. crowd in our country today has created havoc. So what if it offends people when the word "kill" comes out of one's mouth. I think it offends most Americans when they listen to all the P.C. b.s. flying around today. Call it what it is.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

from now on when we kill deer lets just say " we sent him to a better place" instead of kill, that will make the anti deer people even more happy than harvest, than we can all go play in a giant jungle gym of marshmellows and sing songs while we play togehter.

its kill, wether your picking potatoes or shootin a deer, harvest is just a way to make us not sound like murders, even tho wetechniclly are... its so stupid, harvesting a deer sounds so retarted... whats next, i harvested a dog on the way to work today with my truck... my grandma was harvested last night........
Old 09-27-2006, 04:42 PM

I think that I would prefer harvest but I think I generally I say that I "got one". But kill is also in the vocab

Tim
Old 09-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

the only time you should be able to use harvest is if your and indian in the woods who needs to kill the deer to live and feed the community, cause other than that were doing it for fun.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:45 PM

ORIGINAL: louddrummer69

You kill with a rifle and harvest with a bow.
What in the worldare you talking about?
Old 09-27-2006, 06:49 PM

ORIGINAL: kevin1

"Harvest" is what you do to the things that go on the plate next to what you killed .
thats sig worthy.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:19 PM

I'll just say that the P.C. crowd in our country today has created havoc.

How true....

from now on when we kill deer lets just say " we sent him to a better place" instead of kill, that will make the anti deer people even more happy than harvest, than we can all go play in a giant jungle gym of marshmellows and sing songs while we play togehter.

its kill, wether your picking potatoes or shootin a deer, harvest is just a way to make us not sound like murders, even tho wetechniclly are... its so stupid, harvesting a deer sounds so retarted... whats next, i harvested a dog on the way to work today with my truck... my grandma was harvested last night........

Loved this post...
Old 09-27-2006, 07:56 PM

If you are trying to be P.C. then Harvest, If you just dont care what the libs think of you (like me) then tell the truth, we KILL Bamby....well, not Bamby but Bamby's parents.

I understand the whole professionalism and appearance thing. At the end of the day however if we are succesful, we are covered in blood, fur, and little pieces of fat. I harvest carrots, I KILL animals, they both go in the freezer.

When we trim ourselves to fit the expectations of society I cant help but think we change ourselves a little bit. I used to say harvest, it was ...kinder. But now I say kill. In part because it's just more accurate, and in part because I dont mind what anybody else thinks, or if PETA hates me..I am comfortable with what I do.

Quick Reply: Kill or Harvest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.