Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Diamond Archery - good/bad? >

Diamond Archery - good/bad?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Diamond Archery - good/bad?

Old 09-26-2006, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Diamond Archery - good/bad?

Anybody know anything about Diamond Archery, if their good or bad? My cousin is talking about getting one but doesnt know the first thing about bows, hes just buying the name im guessing. He's deciding between that or a PSE. I tell him the PSE because I know they are extremely reliable, at least they have been to me. Nothing against Diamond though since i know nothing about them. Thanks.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:28 PM

Default RE: Diamond Archery - good/bad?

I guess it all depends on what he is wanting to spend and which model of each he is looking at. Is he looking at single cam or dual cam? What two models is he comparing? It all really depends. I owned a PSE for a year and then bought a Bowtech(who ownsDiamond) My Bowtech completely blows my PSE out of the water, but it is also because I bought the best Bowtech had to offer. I am sure I would be happy if I had bought the best PSE had to offer. He really needs to shoot each one and buy the one that feels best and that he is most comfortable with.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Do a search for the name "Diamond", and you'll see nothing but page after page of accolades attributed to Diamond. To sum up, Diamond is wholly owned by BowTech, and is used as a line to reach the general public at a great price point with a quality product. The Liberty remains in the stable, whichjust a year or two ago a lot ofthe mags were naming "bow of the year." The Patriot had its name changed to the Victory, and the Triumph is a great stablemate to boot.

Overall, great quality at a great price.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

I am with Greg. I ahve heard nothing but good. The local archery shops around here as well as gander mountain and bass pro are selling them like hot cakes. I love my Diamond Victory. I killed three deer with it last year and it performed flawlessly. I also shot my first turkey with a bow w/ the Triumph. I do not beleive especially for the price that there is a better bow.......goodluck with your search.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Diamond has been making a good bow even before they were bought by BowTech.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Fork Horn

best bow for the money in my opinion
Old 09-27-2006, 01:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it's analogous to Hoyt / Reflex. Many of the same designs / materials / technologies as the parent company (bowtech). I'd definitely consider buying a diamond.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:42 AM

Basically, from what I have seen and heard, a Diamond is a Bowtech is a Diamond. What that means is if you compare the two side by side, there is not a lot of difference. When Bowtech bought Diamond, they began to hold them to the same exacting standards under which Botech is made. They look alike , they shoot very similiar, but the Diamond is at a little lower price. I do not believe he could go wrong with a Diamond. BUT, PSE is making some fine bows too. I shoot a PSE, and I love it. So what he needs to do is find a PSE he likes and find a Diamond he likes and shoot them side by side if possible and make his decision that way. Then he will have a bow that fits him, meets his needs, and keeps him from thinking "what if", or "I should have"about some other bows.

Good hunting

God Bless

Old 09-27-2006, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great bows, one of the best deals out there. I tried to get my dad into a Diamond a little over a year ago but there wasn't a dealer close enough to him.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

Myself being a former PSE owner, I have shot many Daimonds and currently own a Bowtech. The difference is night & day. Go for the Diamond !

Quick Reply: Diamond Archery - good/bad?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.