HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Coolest experience yet (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/157699-coolest-experience-yet.html)

Theinespines3 09-24-2006 06:52 PM

Coolest experience yet

Well i went out to my stand and sat for a couple of hours until two does came out. They were about a hundred yards away and coming right for me. When they got with in range i could clearly tell the smaller one was a fawn. So then i think to myself, i will take the big doe....Seeing as i have hunted 4 years and not gotten one yet i figured that it would be a good first deer. Well the fawn walked right under my stand and then right to the bigger doe. The fawn and doe, litterally less than 10 yards, the fawn goes under the mom and starts feeding!!!!

At this point i realized just how cool this was and that it was much more of an experience than getting my first deer. I learned more about the ways of the deer.

Well they headed down wind and then i watched as the momma caught my scent. It was facinating. The closest i have had deer before was 25+ yards....but now that fawn walked litterally right under my stand....15feet up!! I had to look through the metal webbing of my stand/

What a time. I think that was the most rewarding time in the woods yet. The set up came together and i made a responsible decision, not to mention my heart was pounding for the entire 20 minutes this took place in!

Just thought i would share....just cause it was so cool!!!
pines

Matt/TN 09-24-2006 06:54 PM

RE: Coolest experience yet

awesome,

wish it were a nice buck so our team could put up some points but its all happen in due time, ive yet to take one with a bow either.I have a couple with a gun but not a bow

MO_Bowhnter 09-24-2006 06:55 PM

Awesome man, more often than not you don't have to take a deer to have a memorable trip to the woods.

Theinespines3 09-24-2006 07:01 PM

Here is a trail cam pic of them from yesterday!

Deleted User 09-24-2006 07:10 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-24-2006 07:14 PM

That's what it is all about. A great day in the woods.

PA Bow/Flinter 09-24-2006 07:19 PM

I remember a few years ago, I sat in my stand on a summer morning to see what was around. I spotted a doe coming by, with twins trailing behind...being currious little buggers. The doe continued on and the fawns got further behind. Finally the twins noticed they were behind and sprinted up to their mother. They hit her like a truck, literally knocking her off her feet. When she got back up, they immediately began feeding. Watching them interact that day was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

TreeDreamer 09-24-2006 07:21 PM

Boy, just reading that reminded me of so many times witnessing the same thing. This forum really has me anxious to get in the stand. Pa opener this saterday.

ash2042 09-24-2006 07:23 PM

That's what it is all about. A great day in the woods.

I agree 100%

tkycaller 09-24-2006 07:51 PM

Nature is a wonderfull thing to see and feel and smell. Always a good day when your sitting in the hunting woods.