Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rest and arrows? >

Rest and arrows?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rest and arrows?

Old 09-23-2006, 11:28 PM

Default Rest and arrows?

Okay guys I have been shooting for about a year and I decided to do a little upgrade. I bought a Bowtech Tribute 70# 29" draw. I put a whisker biscuit on it. So my first question is should I continue to use the whisker biscuit or should I try a dropaway. Also what arrows and size should I use? I don't know if I should use 4" vanes or 2". Please help me out a bit. Thanks in advance.

JB
Old 09-24-2006, 12:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Rest and arrows?

If you plan on hunting this season, Id wait until after the season to change anything. A bisket is a great rest. I prefer a zerro effects, but like everything else with bows, each person has their own preference. As for vanes, I use 4 inch with my compounds and 5 inch feathers with my recurves and longbows. Agian, to each his own. After the season, try different things out and see what you like best.