Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 First With A BOW >

First With A BOW

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First With A BOW

Old 09-23-2006, 08:59 PM

Default First With A BOW

Well tonight i went out hunting and i wasn't sure where i wanted to go and after a little while of thinking i decided to go to a spot that i scouted but haven't hunted yet, So i had to first go to my usual spot to get my climber i left, Then i had about a 15 minute walk to my spot. When i got there there was already a deer there , But it just slowly hoped away, Then after watching nothing but squirrels i saw something move up ahead, (this is about 6:30 now) i then saw it was a deer and it was heading right to me!! I got ready and the deer got closer and then it got behind some trees that were about 15 yds away and i drew back and it stepped out and walked about another 5 yds and stopped quartering away. I think it was kinda smelling me just how it was acting and the wind was blowing right in to it, But when it stopped i shot and i saw and heard the arrow hit the deer, i saw it hit high, (just under the spine) but as it was taking off i could see the blood just pouring out. So i new it was a good hit and it ran about 40 yds and slowed down then turned real fast then did it again but on the second turn it went down. I was SO excited . Because this is my first deer with a bow!!
When i got up to it i realized that this deer was the one that i hit the other night (one week ago) it had 2 holes in its back from the arrow going threw. And its right where i thought i hit it. I couldn't believe it was the same deer. but I'm really glad that it is the same one. But i thought i would share this with every one since it was my first bow kill.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: First With A BOW

buck or doe or what? pics? anyways congrats i still have yet to take one with a bow and its not looking good
Old 09-23-2006, 09:16 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats man!!!
Old 09-23-2006, 09:22 PM

Sorry i guess i forgot to put that in there, It was actually a button buck, I know i know i dont like to shoot them ethier but when it came in i glanced at its head saw it had no horns and after that was consintrating on where i wanted my arrow to go.

And the pics somthing happend to my digital camera so i went and got a disposable one and will have picks sometime this week.

Also Cougars09keep trying, It took me 3 seasons to get this one. just dont give up.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:23 PM
Typical Buck

Nothing like your first! Congrats
Old 09-23-2006, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job!

Good Luck on the next one!
Old 09-23-2006, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats man! Can't wait to see pics.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Doesn't matter if it was a button buck or a doe its your first with a bow and that matters .
I'm glad it was the same one you shot a week ago to, congrats.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:01 PM

Congrats...You will never forget you first bow kill...
Old 09-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job! Congrats on your archery deer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.