Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scent containment carbon clothing question continued >

Scent containment carbon clothing question continued

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent containment carbon clothing question continued

Old 09-23-2006, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: scent lok question continued

i fell i need to make an explanation about myself....

I absolutely hate being called a liar or that i am a plagarist or a cheat etc.

atlasman.-- i am a big enough man to say that i am wrong and i have been wrong many times in my life. I am an educated person and fairly intelligant so if you or anyone else wants to disagree with what i have to say please explain to me why! I am a very good listener and am not going jump back at you and say you are wrong. Explain to me why you think i am wrong and we can talk about it. PM or email me and we can talk about it. 2 minds discussing this intelligantly is better then one.

I am the future and by that i mean i am a 22 year old college student. I will be paying your social security and doing my best to preserve what all of us on this chat room cherish. I hope that others like myself don't find themselves writing there findings on a topic to have others say you are just wrong, stupid, and need to go back to school without any explanation as to why we or "I" am wrong. How can I lear anything if you simply tell me I am wrong and leave it at that. Explain to me why.

i will say my explanation above of the carbon pants like anything does have other questions.
-if the carbon are in fact cylinder linked molecules then how can you break the bonds with molecules down inside the cylinder?
-what if the bond cannot be broken and you must actual make new "activated carbon"?

i cannot answer these as of yet, but all the writings on this topic no one has addressed it so i cannot say. my answer above was based on what everyone else found (scientists found) and just took away their biases.

finally----if anyone would like to dispute my comments please do, but tell me why you think what you think and don't just tell me i am wrong because you must be right
Old 09-23-2006, 10:09 PM
Typical Buck

[/align]I think the technology comes from military chem suits . I think . Hope that helps
Old 09-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Apology

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: aeroslinger

What most of the naysayers are refusing to admit is that 90% (guessing but probably more) of the people who ACTUALLY HAVE USED said products are completely satisfied with them.............Seems like this issue is always the people who ACTUALLY HAVE USED the products for the most part like it and the people who've NEVER TRIED it come on here and ferociously slam the product.
I have used activated carbon for at least 20 some years in many different arenas..........ranging from my own personal use as a filter media.......all the way to controlled lab studies and countless procedures. Davidmil is another person on this board who has been DIRECTLY involved with activated carbon in the dry cleaning industry (I believe) for many years. Numerous people with science backgrounds and others in the public health field have also posted on the subject of carbon and it's uses and limitations.

I guess you think the carbon in your suits is different though right??

It's pretty funny that you think you and your buddies throw on a suit and become more of an authority on carbon then people with decades of experience using it and studying it as part of their careers.

You can lead a horse to water..........
This is really a great site but people like you sure make me not want to come here. Why can't you butt out of stuff when nobody is talking to you? You just can't help yourself I guess. My post was not directed to you at all and in no where do I say I am a chemical genius such as yourself. What I stated is that I have BOUGHT AND USED the products unlike yourself. You want to blab on and on about crap that is essentially useless. Someone comes on here and asks how people like a product and when the people who've used it tell them they like it, then we have to hear from jerks like you who come on here just to slam stuff. You don't like it. Fine. That's your choice. But don't insult me with your crap. I know how the product works just like I know the difference between a buck and a doe when they are in bow range.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JNTURK

atlasman.-- i am a big enough man to say that i am wrong and i have been wrong many times in my life. I am an educated person and fairly intelligant so if you or anyone else wants to disagree with what i have to say please explain to me why! I am a very good listener and am not going jump back at you and say you are wrong. Explain to me why you think i am wrong and we can talk about it. PM or email me and we can talk about it. 2 minds discussing this intelligantly is better then one.

I am the future and by that i mean i am a 22 year old college student. I will be paying your social security and doing my best to preserve what all of us on this chat room cherish. I hope that others like myself don't find themselves writing there findings on a topic to have others say you are just wrong, stupid, and need to go back to school without any explanation as to why we or "I" am wrong. How can I lear anything if you simply tell me I am wrong and leave it at that. Explain to me why.

i will say my explanation above of the carbon pants like anything does have other questions.
-if the carbon are in fact cylinder linked molecules then how can you break the bonds with molecules down inside the cylinder?
-what if the bond cannot be broken and you must actual make new "activated carbon"?

i cannot answer these as of yet, but all the writings on this topic no one has addressed it so i cannot say. my answer above was based on what everyone else found (scientists found) and just took away their biases.

finally----if anyone would like to dispute my comments please do, but tell me why you think what you think and don't just tell me i am wrong because you must be right
Your taking this place too seriously, please don't. I know you think what you have to say is important and to you it is, but to most everyone else they won't remember what you said 3 days from now.We're to caught up in ourselves and what we have to say that is so important too. Don't sweat it, it's just life on the net. Some people are just not, well...Don't take what they have to say so hard.

I remember when I was 22. It's tough being young. For what it's worth, I enjoy your posts.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:33 AM
Typical Buck

i think a call to the mythbusters would be great.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:30 AM

i think a call to the mythbusters would be great.
I couldn't agree more.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:50 AM

ATLASMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please do not ever say that i am a plagarist.

I didn't.........I was trying to help you by suggesting that you get your info from reputable sources.

everything you read was my own conclusions............i am sorry you think i have made up or plagorized what i wrote.
Do you even know what plagiarism is??............you had multiple lines of data that were OBVIOUSLY cut and pasted from another source (they still had HTML links in the wording). Your comments afterwards were clearly your own but you pulled data from another source and it was not cited. I STROGLY suggest you don't ever do that with a paper you turn in at college or to a reputable sceintific establishment.

Dos it matter here??........of course not........and I wasn't even thinking plagiarism........I was just trying to help you because I could tell you were cutting and pasting and you didn't say from where.

You might want to review what plagiarism is..........and how to spell it

i am sorry you don't understand what i have wrote, but that would just lead me to believe you have not taken any science classes or if you have they were probably back 20 years ago when we did not even no what i mitochondrian was....

Oh my god............you have no idea how wrong you are.

but you and others who know little to nothing about science
Damn..........I guess those 8 years of post-grad work in the science field were all for nothing. What is your background in the sciences again?

Old 09-24-2006, 08:59 AM

No one called you any of those things.

No one said you were wrong..........I told you that cutting and pasting is not a good way to learn........especially since I didn't know your sources and you admitted to not knowing this stuff yourself and going by what other people have said.

I am the future and by that i mean i am a 22 year old college student.
That explains a lot.

I will be paying your social security and doing my best to preserve what all of us on this chat room cherish.
Easy kid..........I'm 11 years older then you.........you aren't gonna be paying jack-squat for me.........and if I ever have to depend on social security I have made some horrible investments.

I hope that others like myself don't find themselves writing there findings on a topic to have others say you are just wrong, stupid, and need to go back to school without any explanation as to why we or "I" am wrong. How can I lear anything if you simply tell me I am wrong and leave it at that. Explain to me why.

You are looking in the wrong area for quality information.......if you are cutting and pasting from websites you doing yourself a diservice........unless you are just grabbing a snip of info that you know to be true. Don't look for deep explanations on the web. That is what I was trying to HELP you out with before you flew off the handle.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:12 AM

ORIGINAL: aeroslinger

My post was not directed to you at all
So?..........I thought this was an open forum........I didn't realize we could only respond to direct commands.

What I stated is that I have BOUGHT AND USED the products unlike yourself.
Now that IS directed at me............and you are wrong. I have bought activated carbon for decades. I have used it for my own personal filtration needs and also used it EXTENSIVELY in a labs ranging from basic experiements, all the way to controlled studies, and many, many procedures........add that to my educational history and I have studied and used activated carbon quite often thank you. I can't help the fact that you don't understand that the carbon in your suit isn't different (besides maybe surface area) then activated carbon found anywhere else. If you want to continue to believe that YOUR suit is magic and by putting it on you are more of an authority on the uses and limits of carbon then by all means feel free to do so............just don't expect me or anyone else who knows better to agree.

You want to blab on and on about crap that is essentially useless. Someone comes on here and asks how people like a product and when the people who've used it tell them they like it, then we have to hear from jerks like you who come on here just to slam stuff. You don't like it. Fine. That's your choice. But don't insult me with your crap.
Sorry if someone telling you that what you think works actually doesn't makes you feel stupid............I can't help that. I am trying to help people make an EDUCATED decision on products they are considering buying. No different then any other product that gets reviewed 100 times a week here. Telling someone who shoots 35lbs to use a 2" mechanical wouldn't be very smart either would it???.........and the reasons behind that are scientific (physics).......should we just not tell them because someone else says they OWN a 2" mechanical and like it?

I know how the product works
No you don't...........other then what you read off the tag. If you want to spend your life clouded in ignorance then go ahead. Just don't suck others down the drain with you.

Old 09-24-2006, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

Yes, its an open forum but YOU are the one who takes peoples quotes and makes personal attacks. I don't see that with others. You just seem to like to start arguements. And I definitely don't think I'm the one thats "stupid". You are misleading. You may have bought a carbon water filter but I believe you have bought and used said product about as much as I believe your hunting "stories". I didn't get into the technical aspect as I believe that could be argued over and over without any definite proof either way. What I said and will continue to say, as well as the great majority of the people who've REALLY bought and used it, is that is performed great for me. It did everything I wanted from it. Now, can you actually comprehend that? You seem to neglect this very important item in your spewing. People ask how others like the product and we tell them. That seems to be a problem with you in particular. Why don't you concentrate on figuring out the difference between a doe and a buck before you spend so much time on here trying to dissuade people from trying out things you only think you know about. You seem to be another wannabe with an inferioty complex. I've never seen one iota of positive help in any of your posts. Just negative ramblings and lots of quotes. Once again, great product and would recommend it to anyone.

Quick Reply: Scent containment carbon clothing question continued

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.