Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who packs heat

Old 09-22-2006, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Who packs heat

Cant do it in Indiana. no bears or Mt. Lions here anyway. just a bunch of yotes that in all my years of hunting will not approach a human. The only thing i worry about is all the meth heads running around our area. I find there trash all along the roads and sometimes in the woods. DAM THEM!!
Dan
Old 09-22-2006, 05:46 PM

Its illegal to pack a firearm while bowhunting in kentucky, but I do carry my glock .357 anyways in the hot early season of bow season, just too many snakes out that time of year, never know could save your life, never know, which I think packing a pistol while bowhunting should be okay, just for that reason....just my thought
Old 09-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

Baretta 9mm...always
Old 09-22-2006, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

I've got my CHP and, per Texas laws, legally carry an HK USP Compact .45 or a Firestar 9mm when bowhunting. I don't always take one but usually try to. I like to be prepared for just about anything.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:45 PM
Typical Buck

It's illegal in New York State ........
Old 09-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have seen a panther at our hunting club,am thinking about one in
my pack,I hunt Donaldson Point CA and have seen him a total of
four times so far,makes one a little edgy1
Old 09-22-2006, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

I'll give you the no bears in Indiana but there are a half dozen or so cougars running around the state at any given time. They aren't wild they are peoples pets who have gotten loose which makes them even more dangerous I've personally tracked 3 of them in the past 4 years. I don't agree with the law here not allowing you to carry a pistol while archery hunting. Its pretty obvious the type of weapon used to kill the deer when you are looking for the difference between a firearm and a bow.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kimber Tactical II 45 cal. I live in an area that is well known for Meth. Production. I also have had the pleasure of arresting many of the area cooks who like to find lease roads in the area I hunt. No cougars or bears, just silly addicts.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's illegal here in NY while bowhunting. But concealed what no one sees won't hurt them and might save your life.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:10 PM

Sorry Washington, I didnt see that it was a 30-30. Thats what happens when you only skim through the posts. There is no sense in carrying a rifle on a bowhunt.

For those carrying when its illegal, I know it may save your life but it also might land you in prison. At least in Ohio its a fenoly to carry a concealed weapon without a permit. And Im pretty sure that falls under carrying it illegally while hunting.

Quick Reply: Who packs heat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.