Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who packs heat

Old 09-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Who packs heat

Nope illegal and "I ain't afraid of no Ghosts" Of course if I was in bear country ..and I mean Brown, Griz, Polar..not black. It may be different.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm pretty sure it is illegal. Don't really care.

Tom
Old 09-22-2006, 10:12 AM

I do. I always have my HK USP compact .40 somewhere close by, and in the woods I always have my NAA .22 LR derringer loaded with shotshells. The gun folds into the grip, and the grip has a belt clip It will fit right in your pocket. I keep it for snakes that refuse to see things my way.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Illegal in the state of Pennsylvania.

Besides, if it's legal game and in range of my pistol/revolver, it's in range of my bow.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Illegal here in South Dakota as well. With all the big cats showing up across the state I might just have my Springfield XD 40 Tactical in my pack just in case though.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

It's also illegal in Indiana.

Good question though, I've never really thought about it. I suppose I would if I could, just because I could!

Old 09-22-2006, 10:28 AM

.44 mag. S&W 629 Trail Boss (snub nose). Not very useful but it's a better security blanket than Linus carries.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Up until just recently we weren't allowed to by law . However , I just read that our new DNR Director has issued a temporary order allowing it beginning this season , it seems that he felt that the infringement on our Constitutional rights wasn't right . He's also proposing it to our Legislature to make it permanent . You'll still need a CCW permit to carry concealed . I'm liking this guy more and more every day ! [8D]
Old 09-22-2006, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's illegal here in MD too.

And it raises an interesting question. . . . .

Suppose you are gun hunting for some other animal. Can you bring your bow along to also hunt the same animal? I know you can hunt nearly any animal using a bow during gun.

Old 09-22-2006, 11:33 AM

For hunting i usually just go with my bear spray and knife but if i am successful and have to follow a blood trail i usually take a rifle along. You read a few bear attack books and you will do the same.

Quick Reply: Who packs heat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.